X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Questions About the Guard.

Hey guys I'm currently attending Clemson University as a sophomore with a major of either Agriculture Mechanization and Business or Natural Resource Management. I've always wanted to join the national guard for many reasons like help with school, monthly check, desire to serve, family tradition. I think the split op choice is the best bet for me because i don't want to stop college while I'm doing pretty good. The mos's i am thinking about are 88m and 91b. I am in South Carolina.

1. What kind of benefits will i be able to receive. Will i be able to receive any tuition help and/or a monthly stipend in addition to my paycheck?

2. Once done with college will i be able to go active duty and pursue a comission as a 2nd LT if i so desire or will i have to finish my contract with the NG?

3. Is split op a feasible option for someone with 16-17 credit hours of college classes?

4. I am 6'3 and i weigh right around 140, the h/w requirement is 152 pounds. Will this be a problem? Im by no means underweight just tall and lanky. Can i get a waiver for this?

5. What would a NG armory in SC that is 88m/91b oriented?

Thanks guys, im just trying to get all my ducks in a row before i do anything.

Re: Some Questions About the Guard.

You should think about ROTC, and the SMP program if you want to go active after college.

Go speak with a ROTC enrollment officer at your college.

Comment

Re: Some Questions About the Guard.

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
      You should think about ROTC, and the SMP program if you want to go active after college.

Go speak with a ROTC enrollment officer at your college.
      Im trying to steer clear from ROTC and focus on college that's why i want to join the national guard. I want to enter as an enlisted man then try moving up if thats what i really like.

Can anyone help me with my questions?

Comment

Working...
      X