X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems getting enlistment bonus

Are you a soldier or are you a mother of a soldier?

Re: Problems getting enlistment bonus

WTF? Why did it move my post to the top?

Comment

Problems getting enlistment bonus

Does anyone know who to talk to about an over due bonus? It is 2 years & still haven't received it. There are approx 10 soldiers in the unit who are waiting & commanding officers say they can't find out why. Do we have to go to our state representative like the guardsman in oregon had to? Everyone keeps getting the run around. All of our contracts were looked at by the Captain & he says that everything is in order. Is there a department or position who could look into this? The Captain says that we can talk to anyone we want if we think that we can figure it out, because he can't

Comment

mother of a soldier. he is so disillusioned with his inability to get help, that I told him I would post on his behalf. After all that he has tried, going to darryl steinberg's office (1 of our state reps) and getting pushed off to an intern who was no help, talking to his captain, his sgt, a lieut. in his squad, the bonus&incentive dept, he is really mad & doesn't want to "waste his time" anymore. FYI - he will be deploying in 2012.

Comment

Ok, I just want to say, I understand you want to help your son, but this is his battle to fight. 9 times out of 10 something is lost between what actually happens at a unit and the story that gets told back home to the parents. What you are saying doesn't really make sense with the way a unit runs.

Comment

^^^^^Exactly. I tell the same thing to spouses calling me about their husbands issues with pay, gear etc. He needs to do his own leg work. Something is amise as I don't see why he would be getting the run around if he has made contact with people in the bonus and incentives department for the state. There are situations where a soldier could have their bonus with held, for instance if they are AWOL for a couple of drills.

Comment

Bonuses are almost automatically processed. The state incentive manager tracks them through a program called iMARC. With this being said there is very little that can go wrong now adays. And to continue of RSP NCO, there is information missing. It does not take 2 years to process a bonus or get it paid. 3-6months , with 6 being drastic. Was your son spit op? Did he not complete AIT? Did he not graduate HS? Was he even supposed to get a bonus?

And to continue off more of RSP NCO. Your son is in the Army. This is not a college, or HS. He has to fight for himself as no one else will in the Army. There are plenty of support channels to go through and people to follow up with and talk to. If your son cannot do this for himself than maybe he really is not interested in recieving the bonus. If your son was working for a civilian company lets say Chase Bank; you would not call the manager asking where is my Son's paycheck.

I am not trying to sound harsh, and its ok to want to help your Son out. But he has to fight his own battle here. Do a little research and make phone calls. 10 Soldiers not getting paid a bonus just is very out of the norm.

Comment

I have been waiting for over a year. I'm MOSQ, I make all my drills, my UA has sent all the required paperwork, I don't know what the problem is. I have spoken to my CO so I hope this gets resloved soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                  I have been waiting for over a year. I'm MOSQ, I make all my drills, my UA has sent all the required paperwork, I don't know what the problem is. I have spoken to my CO so I hope this gets resloved soon.
                  The problem is almost always a manning issue. There just are not enough people working on paying out bonuses compared to the amount of people that enlisted for them back when we were recruiting in mass numbers for Iraq, and there is just a huge backlog in most states.

Comment

Working...
                  X