X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotion Question

In my iPERMS I see a 4187 added 21JUL11 and effective date 27APR11 for my accelerated promotion to E4. But it's still showing me as a E3 on AKO,HRC, and Army Career Tracker. Is this anything to worry about or do I just need to wait a while?

Re: Promotion Question

Military systems take a long time to catch up and talk to each other. If it was added 21 July then it is simply too soon for everything to get caught up. The thing to pay attention to is your LES to make sure you are getting paid as an E-4.

Comment

Roger that, thank you sarg.

Comment

Originally posted by GARNG_Recruit View Post
        In my iPERMS I see a 4187 added 21JUL11 and effective date 27APR11 for my accelerated promotion to E4. But it's still showing me as a E3 on AKO,HRC, and Army Career Tracker. Is this anything to worry about or do I just need to wait a while?
        Congrats on the advancement. It is time to start working on your 4100. Don't use the Full Bird Private as a Sham Shield. Think and act like an NCO (a Highspeed NCO).

Comment

September 3 was my official two years in service and my rank still hasn't updated on any site. lol

Comment

It's probably still too early. Don't sweat it, not having those listed sites updated is not a big concern at all. The biggest is making sure you are getting paid for your rank. Your 4187 is in your iPerms and that is the most important part. If it bugs you that much bring it up to your FLL.

Comment

Roger, thanks, I guess I'm just being impatient.

Comment

And it's still showing you as a PFC here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Squash View Post
                  And it's still showing you as a PFC here too.
                  Lol. Maybe if I change it on here, the system will catch on.

Comment

The only thing that really matters is that you have the 4187 and that its right for pay. none of the other systems really matter.

Comment

Now it is November and I'm still not getting paid E4 and it's not showing that I'm E4 anywhere . My platoon sergeant is just saying that it's probably because I have an approved conditional release.

Comment

Never heard of that reason before? Are you locked to transfer to active this month?

Comment

If you were pinned E-4 and there is a 4187 in your iPerms but you are not getting paid as an E-4 then there is a problem. You have to bring it up to your COC so they can track down the pay issue.

Comment

Not locked to transfer to active this month, haven't been pinned E4 either. I've seen someone(in my unit) who got out of ait after I had already been with the unit get E4, and he was conditionally release at the time also. The 4187 in my iPerms says effective date 27 Apr 11 and was approved by the commander. I'll need to talk to my commander because the my platoon sergeant isn't really helping.

Comment

So you were supposed to get promoted in April and concerned about it NOW? . Hmm not ready for E4. Just kidding.

If you have two years, it should be automatic unless the Commander disapproved it on the C10 but you said it's uploaded to your iPerms. How many years of service your current LES states?

I agree someone is not being proactive in taking care of their troops unless this is deliberate.
                              Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; November 15th, 2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X