X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMP in Different States?

I am participating in the ARMY ROTC this upcoming fall at a college in Pennsylvania, I have heard that SMP is very beneficial. However, I am originally from Michigan, if i were to do an SMP would i do it in PA or MI, and how would that affect me when I returned home for summers in MI?

Re: SMP in Different States?

Originally posted by beep225 View Post
    I am participating in the ARMY ROTC this upcoming fall at a college in Pennsylvania, I have heard that SMP is very beneficial. However, I am originally from Michigan, if i were to do an SMP would i do it in PA or MI, and how would that affect me when I returned home for summers in MI?
    Because you will be required to drill one weekend a month with a National Guard unit, it would make more sense to become a member of the state's NG where you will be going to school. So if you are going to school in PA, become an SMP cadet in PA. Also, you should be aware that there are obligations in the summer time. So, you may not be going back home in the summers. You will have to participate in camp, and yearly annual training.

Comment

Thank you for your response sir,

Is it possible to transfer from one unit to another? So after I graduate could I transfer to a unit closer to my home in Michigan?

Comment

Originally posted by beep225 View Post
        Thank you for your response sir,

Is it possible to transfer from one unit to another? So after I graduate could I transfer to a unit closer to my home in Michigan?
        When you commision you can commision into any state.

Comment

Working...
        X