X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More female mos than recruiter says?

I went to MEPS yesterday and haven't yet sworn in because of a very minor set back (will be sworn in tomorrow for sure though). I decided to look under the available jobs for minnesota on the guard website here. I found about 7 postings of the job I had always dreamed of in my area and the day before yesterday I spoke to my recruiter and he said that there were only 3 openings in minnesota for females and those jobs were 92G and 88M. The job I'm hoping to land is 42A. Is there the possibility that my recruiter was lying to me? Or did a million female jobs just pop up outta no where?

Re: More female mos than recruiter says?

Originally posted by kirstin.birgitte View Post
    I went to MEPS yesterday and haven't yet sworn in because of a very minor set back (will be sworn in tomorrow for sure though). I decided to look under the available jobs for minnesota on the guard website here. I found about 7 postings of the job I had always dreamed of in my area and the day before yesterday I spoke to my recruiter and he said that there were only 3 openings in minnesota for females and those jobs were 92G and 88M. The job I'm hoping to land is 42A. Is there the possibility that my recruiter was lying to me? Or did a million female jobs just pop up outta no where?
    Your recruiter has no reason to lie to you about this, there may simply be no 42A slots available in your state. There are only a certain amount available and it also depends on the needs of your state and the particular unit. There may BE more jobs available with openings, but they may only be infantry, armor or other positions that are closed to females.

I am 09S but when looking into 91F (small arms repair) as a back-up MOS I found out that 91F is not available at any unit in my State, not 'full' just not even in existance.

I'm sure a more seasoned member of this forum will chime in on what your options are.

Good Luck

Comment

Wonderful to know, thank you so much for your input! =]

Comment

all you can see is are the MOS's that are available in your state meaning, the MOS's that are at units in your state. That doesn't mean there are "vacancys" in those MOS's. If your recruiter said it is not available than it most likely means there are no vacancies in that MOS.

Comment

There very well could be 42a slots open. just not to your pay grade. for example a E2 can go into a E3 or E4 slot but not an E5 or higher. Most likely a recruiter wont lie to you about MOS slots. So dont think that way

Comment

You should also consider how far you will have to drive every month for drill also.

Comment

Working...
            X