Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airbourne School and Air Assault school.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbourne School and Air Assault school.

I've taken my ASVAB and scored 90 overall and above 122 for each line item. I'm currently completing the 2 miles in 14:45, can do 42 push-ups, 40 sit-ups, and 15 pull ups(working on building all of this up). I was interested in the 12T MOS, but would love to get any kind of training I can get my hands on. I'd love to go to Airbourne School and Air Assault school. Aside from that, anything the National Guard has to offer. I currently live in SC and any guidance towards getting closer to becoming as well rounded as possible. I haven't completed my application, due to a current separation and family care plan being established, I also have a 14 month old son. But, once I have this all squared away, I'll be completing my application. Will Airbourne school and air assault school be available to me through the 12T MOS, or would I have a better chance through 12B? If not, what else then? Also, any information on the 12T MOS would be great.

Re: Airbourne School and Air Assault school.

eleven bravo

Comment

Squash got it right with 11B.

12T, from my understanding does alot of site survey for construction. Not exactly a MOS that would require Airborne or Air Assault training. Schools in the National Guard are hard to come by and special hooah schools are even harder to come by because they cost money and may not lend to the over all effectiveness of that soldier in thier MOS. I'm a 12B and I'm in a Sapper company, and even though we have a battalion OML list for Airborne, Air Assault and Sapper Leader Course and 2 slots for each every year we NEVER send anybody(ask me how I know) because there is no money within our state to send people. Or rather the state doesn't want to send anybody. Good luck getting any of the hooah schools as a 12T. I doubt you will even go out to the field.

Now, there are other schools and training that you could probably go to that would be very beneficial to you and your MOS but they wont be that hooah and they wont produce a niffty little badge to wear on your uniform.

Comment

Let's not forget, state and federal governments have been and will continue to reduce spending. The civilian tax payer in me would respond to these kind of requests very negatively and prefer that strict limits be set for any non-combat MOS seats.

Comment

Go to an airborne unit. I'm not combat arms, got my wings.

Comment

Originally posted by YesWeCan2008 View Post
            Go to an airborne unit. I'm not combat arms, got my wings.
            Really! Good advice here.

If it means a lot to you, secure that. Do not play the waiting/guessing game.

Comment

I'm serious. 11B doesn't guarantee jack **** unless you're going to an airborne unit. These days, if there's no reason to send you, you're probably not going, even if you're the baddest 12T in the Army.

So go to an airborne unit if you really want the wings.

Don't make me type in all caps.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
                Squash got it right with 11B.

12T, from my understanding does alot of site survey for construction. Not exactly a MOS that would require Airborne or Air Assault training. Schools in the National Guard are hard to come by and special hooah schools are even harder to come by because they cost money and may not lend to the over all effectiveness of that soldier in thier MOS. I'm a 12B and I'm in a Sapper company, and even though we have a battalion OML list for Airborne, Air Assault and Sapper Leader Course and 2 slots for each every year we NEVER send anybody(ask me how I know) because there is no money within our state to send people. Or rather the state doesn't want to send anybody. Good luck getting any of the hooah schools as a 12T. I doubt you will even go out to the field.

Now, there are other schools and training that you could probably go to that would be very beneficial to you and your MOS but they wont be that hooah and they wont produce a niffty little badge to wear on your uniform.
                I partially disagree. Depending on their position within their unit they may constantly be in the field. 12Ts and their specialized equipment, are extremely valuable assests to any construction unit. My last AT I was constantly calling them out.

Comment

12T's are always in the field......ALWAYS

Comment

I guess we have different ideas on what constitues going out into the field. Driving to a site and doing the survey all day then going back to the rear at night is vastly different than 48 hour combat ops.

During AT the Battalion stayed in the barracks nearly every night, and when they did finally go out into the "field" for 3 days or so they had power running to thier tents where they had thier laptops and microwaves plugged in. Meanwhile we were in the field for 12 days straight sleeping on the ground with nothing but a sleeping bag. Pretty vast difference, which is why I maintain that the Battalion never really went out in the field, only the Sappers did.

Comment

Working...
                    X