X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill Pay....

Anyone know how long Drill pay takes? I know the first pay can be long with MyPay set up etc... took about 2weeks for me. Last Drill was a week ago...Still no pay. ANyone know if there is a set schedule or is it as random as a gust of wind!?

Re: Drill Pay....

In the early years of the last decade, I received my drill pay two to three weeks after drill. Should be the same or better. It all depends on when your unit submits it's information for drill which is an automated process.

Comment

Two or Three weeks!? WoW! I guess the Military forgot that besides being Soldiers we have Citizen Bills huh. Some of us rely on that money, no matter if the amount is big or small its needed. Wait...and wait some more.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilianNYC View Post
        Two or Three weeks!? WoW! I guess the Military forgot that besides being Soldiers we have Citizen Bills huh. Some of us rely on that money, no matter if the amount is big or small its needed. Wait...and wait some more.
        Before you start complaining... have you checked mypay? your LES? Have you asked your unit? Or where ever you're drilling?

Comment

Mine would always come the 2nd Tuesday/Wednesday following drill if I remember correctly.

Comment

In the 80s it took two months to receive my 75 dollar check. Nobody joins the guard for pay and it should never be a source of primary income unless you are AGR or Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Squash View Post
              Before you start complaining... have you checked mypay? your LES? Have you asked your unit? Or where ever you're drilling?
              He has not even started basic yet.

Comment

Anyone know how long Drill pay takes? I know the first pay can be long with MyPay set up etc... took about 2weeks for me. Last Drill was a week ago...Still no pay. ANyone know if there is a set schedule or is it as random as a gust of wind!?
                With the current state of automation, drill pay should hit your bank account within a week after completion of drill. On the Friday after drill, if you haven't received it, (1) check your bank account online (sometimes you'll see a pending payment in progress that hasn't completely cleared); then (2) check MyPay, to see if you have an LES for that period, which may also give you some confidence. If neither of those show anything pending, then you need to call your Readiness NCO, and ask politely for a pay inquiry. Ensure that you've done the two steps I've described, so you don't look like a fool for asking for something that you already have, or is just about to hit your account.

Comment

If everything was done correctly, I get mine the following week. However, often since I'm in a deattachment I fall through the cracks, but it has never taken more than three weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
                    With the current state of automation, drill pay should hit your bank account within a week after completion of drill. On the Friday after drill, if you haven't received it, (1) check your bank account online (sometimes you'll see a pending payment in progress that hasn't completely cleared); then (2) check MyPay, to see if you have an LES for that period, which may also give you some confidence. If neither of those show anything pending, then you need to call your Readiness NCO, and ask politely for a pay inquiry. Ensure that you've done the two steps I've described, so you don't look like a fool for asking for something that you already have, or is just about to hit your account.
                    Thank you for the reply @MatthewRitchie ... I will do just that.
                    In regards to you @Squash don't misconstrued a question or a response for a complaint. By no means was i complaining. And @FmCitySlicker ... No sir this isn't my main source of income but never the less it is a source...i find nothing wrong about questioning whereabouts of money that i am being paid.

Comment

@FmCitySlicker ... No sir this isn't my main source of income but never the less it is a source...i find nothing wrong about questioning whereabouts of money that i am being paid.
                      And I totally agree with you on that. You are entitled to know when you will get paid. Just remember, you just need to properly budget that two-hundred dollars a month. I use to use my Guard income and VA benefit to pay for my vehicle. My civilian job handled the rest.

Comment

@FmCitySlicker You are absolutely correct. I most definitely have not been negligent with my Guard pay and i have been planning ahead for when i ship. Thank you again for the reply sir.

Comment

It can take up to three weeks to get mine with the unit I am with but when I was with the RSP it took a week. I think that it is all on whether or not your Readiness NCO puts it in. I would check mypay though that tends to tell a lot.

Comment

Working...
                          X