X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General scheduling

I know that with the guard, it's one weekend a month, two weeks a year. When do you find out which weekend you're on duty? Do you find out at the begining of the year?

Re: General scheduling

You generally get your annual training schedule in august or september and it will have all the drill dates for Oct-Sep of the following year.

Comment

You find out about the whole year in advance?

Comment

Does this pertain to all states, like Oregon? They don't change dates at the last minute?

Comment

Originally posted by Mom1 View Post
          Does this pertain to all states, like Oregon? They don't change dates at the last minute?
          Negative. Oregon units have drill and AT dates pre-planned.

Comment

You find out about the whole year in advance?
            That is usually the norm. Why, what happened?

Comment

Well, my ex-husband is lying in court about his guard dates and constantly changing his visitation weekends bc "they change his guard dates at the last minute". Just needed to be sure that I was right. Thank you very much!

Comment

Well, my ex-husband is lying in court about his guard dates and constantly changing his visitation weekends bc "they change his guard dates at the last minute". Just needed to be sure that I was right. Thank you very much!
                Units try not to change their drill dates as it causes less conflicts with employers ect. Now that doesn't mean the dates can't change at the last minute. For instance, the issue with the budget, we had to cancel our drill and reschedule it.

Comment

But they don't change the dates every month? My ex is one of the guys who stayed behind bc he was "sick"(he even told me that he was faking) when his unit was sent over to Afghanistan... Not the most honorable person.

Comment

But they don't change the dates every month? My ex is one of the guys who stayed behind bc he was "sick"(he even told me that he was faking) when his unit was sent over to Afghanistan... Not the most honorable person.
                    If that is the case; tell him to check and re-inforce his Army Values.

I do not know if you were with him when he started with his current unit. If that is the case; you can get confirms by other means. The judge should request to have a hardcopy of those drill dates.

Comment

I know that with the guard, it's one weekend a month, two weeks a year. When do you find out which weekend you're on duty? Do you find out at the begining of the year?
                      I realize this may be reviving a thread but...

That's not exactly true. On average, you will have 48 UTAs a year and 2 weeks for AT. So on "average", you will have one weekend a month and two continuous weeks a year (annual training)

It may not work out exactly like that. For example, there are rumors of New Jersey doing a MUTA10 in the beginning of the fiscal year. Essentially there is a plan to burn up our training funds in the beginning of the year and only have MUTA2s or no drill at all for the remaining half of the year. Of course there is the anticipation that we may be deployed in 2013, but in the event that is canceled this is one of the most fail strategies that will have ever been conceived.

Essentially you're going to train all the soldiers up in the beginning of the year only to give them enough time in the remaining part of the fiscal year to forget everything, and then some. Soldiers probably won't even know how to put on their uniforms or which side their nametapes go on after taking a 6 month hiatus.

Comment

Whoa... That's gonna hit everyone with a huge debt payment for sgli if they don't drill for a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                          For example, there are rumors of New Jersey doing a MUTA10 in the beginning of the fiscal year.
                          And i thought a MUTA 6 was rough.. that is brutal. a 5 day drill.. geeze

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                            I realize this may be reviving a thread but...

That's not exactly true. On average, you will have 48 UTAs a year and 2 weeks for AT. So on "average", you will have one weekend a month and two continuous weeks a year (annual training)

It may not work out exactly like that. For example, there are rumors of New Jersey doing a MUTA10 in the beginning of the fiscal year. Essentially there is a plan to burn up our training funds in the beginning of the year and only have MUTA2s or no drill at all for the remaining half of the year. Of course there is the anticipation that we may be deployed in 2013, but in the event that is canceled this is one of the most fail strategies that will have ever been conceived.

Essentially you're going to train all the soldiers up in the beginning of the year only to give them enough time in the remaining part of the fiscal year to forget everything, and then some. Soldiers probably won't even know how to put on their uniforms or which side their nametapes go on after taking a 6 month hiatus.
                            That's pretty much one of the worst training ideas I've ever heard. Have fun with that though.

Comment

I'm off to a MUTA 6 in 8 hours. The Battalion did a MUTA 8 a couple years ago...that's the worst I've ever heard. A MUTA 10? Well, the pay would be fantastic...in the short term.

Comment

Working...
                              X