X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General scheduling

Welcome to the New Jersey Army National Guard! I've been told by others who have been in far longer than I have that we are one of the most d*cked up states out there.

The only saving grace is the State Tuition Waiver. I see people on the Fed Rec packet status site from NJ jumping left and right to either the USAR or another state.

Also, some of our worst rated company grade officers have gone into the IRR and got promoted far earlier than our senior 1LTs that pinning CPT at the 6 year mark. That's when you know your force structure is completely screwed. The only real solution to this is to start getting rid of non-performing O-3s and higher. It shouldn't be too hard. Many of them can't pass their APFT anyways.
    Last edited by Polo08816; May 18th, 2012, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
      You generally get your annual training schedule in august or september and it will have all the drill dates for Oct-Sep of the following year.
      Most units I know of actually send out a "News letter" each month stating what time first formation will be and what gear to bring so that the Soldiers are properly prepared for training during drill weekends. Often times, if there are changes to the training schedule during the FY, those will be annotated on the monthly News Letter as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
        Most units I know of actually send out a "News letter" each month stating what time first formation will be and what gear to bring so that the Soldiers are properly prepared for training during drill weekends. Often times, if there are changes to the training schedule during the FY, those will be annotated on the monthly News Letter as well.
        News letter!

We just email everyone of the changes in a distro email. Keep it simple stupid. And use the chain of command to disseminate the information via phone as well.

We have soldiers that don't even know what "FM" stands for nor do they care. If they even show up to drill, they're already ahead of the pack. At least they showed up to fail.

Comment

Working...
        X