Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MUTA-5's and 6's

Hello,

I had a question over the earliest reporting times for Muta-5's and Muta-6's. Seeing as I am in College missing a Friday of class is a bit difficult. So I was wondering what is the normal report time for a MUTA-5, and what actually is the earliest you may be required to report for a MUTA-5. A link to the official regulation would be very helpful (I could not find it online). Thank you in advance for any help.

Re: MUTA-5's and 6's

The report time is what your chain of command tells you it is. If you have a legitimate conflict, your first-line leader (e.g., squad leader, section chief) will provide guidance on how to resolve that conflict. Perhaps you come a bit late, perhaps you make up the time beforehand, perhaps you come late and don't get paid for that period.

A UTA is a minimum of a four-hour block of service, and can theoretically commence at any time of the day or night. Sometimes our Infantry units have MUTA-4 that start on Friday evening, and end Sunday afternoon (to conduct night training). If you really want to be a barracks lawyer, read the 140-series of regulations, particularly 140-95, 140-1, and also 135-91.

Comment

It depends on your unit commander. For my unit MUTA 5's start at 1700 or 1800 on Friday. Bring it up to your FLL.

Comment

MUTA 5 Friday at 1800 / 6:00pm is typical. Just enough time for most to leave work and make it to drill. Any kind of morning formation varies a lot more.

Comment

For my unit, Muta 5's are usually 1900 report time. So it's really up to your unit.

Comment

Landon08,

Just remember a UTA is four hours. that is what your getting paid for and that is all you should work. Too many times NCO's and especially officers try and take advantage and push it past that. So be a Barracks lawyer. Cause officers like the one above will try and take advantage of this cause they not concerned about your college only there stats and training numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by SFC W View Post
              Landon08,

Just remember a UTA is four hours. that is what your getting paid for and that is all you should work. Too many times NCO's and especially officers try and take advantage and push it past that. So be a Barracks lawyer. Cause officers like the one above will try and take advantage of this cause they not concerned about your college only there stats and training numbers.
              Are you one of those NCOs who shows up to drill and doesn't have counseling statements, NCOERs, or awards written up on the grounds that you're not being paid to work on your own time?

Comment

Originally posted by SFC W View Post
                Landon08,

Leading by example at its finest.

To the OP... At our longer drills we regularly have soldiers with time constraints and conflicts. Call your first line leader like all the other professionals have instructed you to do and if the reason is legitimate, they will provide you with alternatives, an excuse for the time request or a work around of some time. Too easy. Please do not make a name for yourself by trying to tell the unit what you cannot and wont do, and why. I promise you it wont go well. We go out of our way to ensure that good soldiers are taken care of.

Comment

Wow, I just realized that our high speed SFC not only provided high speed advice but he resurrected a thread from May 2011

Comment

Wow.

SFC W, you need to check yourself.

Comment

Working...
                    X