Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History with eating disorder

Hi,
    I've just recently started giving the National Guard some thought. There was a recruiter at my work three or four weeks ago and he told me a little bit about it and even passed some of my contact information onto a local recruiter.
    Since I'm still not one hundred percent positive this is what I want to do, I asked some people online to share any knowledge or personal experience they've had with the Guard or other army division. A friend of mine, who was is a former Navy seal brought up my past. Two years ago I struggled with anorexia and I was hospitalize because I had a low heart rate. It wasn't there for institutional help, just until my heart rate was to a healthy point and I've been eating better since then. She said that when she went to enlist into the Navy they specifically asked her if she had or had any history of an eating disorder, and apparently if you did (even in the past) it immediately made you ineligible.
    Would the fact that I had one effect my eligibility, even if I've recovered since then?

Re: History with eating disorder

What does your medical records say for the reason of being hospitalized?

If it doesn't say on your medical records that you were hospitlized for a eating disorder then don't tell the recruiter that you have a history of an eating disorder.
    Last edited by MichaelPC; May 7th, 2011, 05:18 PM.

Comment

PC is right, and if it does say you had a disorder, do not lie and try to join still,

Comment

Did I read that right "She" was a Navy Seal?

This is really a question you need to ask a real living and breathing recruiter.....you can start your application online.

Do the application, take the asvab go from there.

Comment

I'm currently trying to obtain a copy of my records to find out what it says. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

I guess these SEALS do exist.

http://fwdcafe.wordpress.com/2008/08/ click the link to the left.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
              I guess these SEALS do exist.

http://fwdcafe.wordpress.com/2008/08/ click the link to the left.
              I see no weapon, must be a Chaplain Seal.

Comment

Working...
              X