X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active 19D Becoming Guard 35L

I'm currently in Afghanistan as an Active Duty 19D Cavalry Scout. My active contract expires early March of next year (to complete my three years). I then have three years National Guard to serve. I would like to re-class that a 35L Counter Intelligence Agent, but not sure of the process. I meet most of the requirements, I just don't know how to go about getting re-classed. I do not want to extend my active contract in any way, which I know makes this tougher but it's just something I don't want to do.

Also, I've heard of Active Guard Reserve and I wouldn't mind doing that either if at all possible. It would help me with the transition into the civilian world, while allowing me to look into my career.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: Active 19D Becoming Guard 35L

Go here https://www.atrrs.army.mil/atrrscc/ to search for a 35L reclass course. Talk to your COC about getting signed up for the course.
    Initial-tour AGR is a three year commitment. ADOS is a <365 day job. Talk to your NG unit and/or State Military Department about AGR or ADOS.
    KingDome? Are you from Seattle?

Comment

whooa there...you are way jumping the gun. 35 series have limited slots in the guard. It's highly unlikely your COC will even discuss sending you to any schools, especially since you are leaving AD. You'll have to speak with someone from the state NG that you are planning to join.

Comment

So start e-mailing local Guard units. Is there any easy way to get their e-mail(s) since I'm in Afghanistan and can't exactly walk-in?

And I'm from Maryland; I just have a huge head. Hence: KingDome.

Comment

There's nothing you can really do until yoru 30 days from ETS.

35M may not even be available. And if it is, may not have great promotion potential. Also the NG often lacks the "cool" stuff MI needs, it may be very boring for drill weekends. Not too mention, RC schools are some times hard to get in the "soft" MOS's.

Comment

Working...
          X