X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guard/Border Patrol

I am looking for information about the National Guard and Custom and Border Patrol agreement.

I have talked to a local National Guard recruiter and he has no idea about the enlistment option, beyond having a pamphlet about it. I have also used the chat function, and the admin did not have any information on it.

I have also used the search, and tried to locate some information about the program but haven't found anything. The CBP website really doesn't have any info about the program, beyond stating that there is an agreement between the Army reserves and CBP.

I am currently 25 YOA, working at a local PD as a civilian officer. This program is exactly what I want to do. Serve my country and become a fed agent at the same time.

I wanted to know if anyone has incite into this program. Has anyone completed the program, or know of anyone that has?

Re: Guard/Border Patrol

What does the pamphlet say?

I've heard of soldiers being activated to perform border patrol functions, is that what you're talking about? Or are you talking about somehow combining BCT and border patrol training. You could enlist, go to IET for the guard, and then join the border patrol. Other than that, maybe someone else will know of some other option to do both.

Comment

There is no Guard or CBP enlistment program. It is simply an agreement by the CBP to consider current National Guard members for employment.

"Basically, if you are a Guard member it would not conflict with potential or current employment with CBP."

Comment

Is it possible to volunteer for a border patrol assignment or is border patrol completely separate from the military?

Comment

Depends what you are refering to. CBP is a federal agency with armed federal agents who patrol the border and enforce federal law along the border and throughout the country. If you are talking about national guardsmen being on duty patroling the border that is a seperate thing entirely.

Comment

So what does it take to be a guardsman patrolling the border?

Comment

Originally posted by jester View Post
              So what does it take to be a guardsman patrolling the border?
              What state do you live in? Right now the border mission is only available in the southern border states and to be part of that mission you have to be a member of the national guard within that state. For instance in Arizona, to volunteer for the Arizona section of the mission you have to be a member of the Arizona national guard. We are not taking any body from out of state at this time. Maybe if the mission gets extended and we are required to increase our numbers will we open the mission up to other states but as of right now that is not the case.

Comment

Im in Wisconsin but have wanted to do border patrol for a long time. Looks like I will have to wait I guess. Thanks for the responses

Comment

Working...
                X