X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoo's in BCT/AIT an Issue?

I was wondering if Additional Tat's after you passed MEPS will be a Problem. I have a few Already but i planned on getting 2-3 more Before i go to BCT which is in August. I was planning to get 2-3 more in June, So they will Heal in enough time but i was wondering if that will effect my initial paperwork or give me any issues in BCT. Of course they wont be over exposed like on my face or neck or legs. Im thinking 1 on the chest, 1 on the left side of my abs and another on my forearm.

thoughts?

Re: Tattoo's in BCT/AIT an Issue?

When you go back through MEPS before heading to BCT you'll have to document that you have new tattoos. This, of course, leaves you susceptible to them saying your tattoos are rac ist or "offensive" in nature. It's so much easier to just get them done after. Focus on working out and preparing for your IET, come back with some cash saved up and get them then as a graduation present to yourself. Make them mean even more to you.

Comment

Dont make it any harder than it needs to be. Get them after.

Comment

Understood gentleman and in total agreeance. Thanks for the reply as well.
        One other question... When i go threw MEPS (Again) in August am i going threw the exact same physical as before? And if so how far before i ship do i have to do this?

Comment

You'll go back the day or two days before your ship date, and the physical then is very quick and simple. They check your height and weight again and I think that's it, but I don't remember 100%. You don't have to do the crazy exercises again, and it's a much shortened process.

Comment

Thanks MPThink.
            How long have you been a 31B in the guard?

Comment

You're welcome. There's tons of good information on these forums and a lot of great people willing to help.

I enlisted in January '09 and I've been MOSQ'ed as a MP since...January '10, so just a little more than a year.

Comment

Nice! @MPThink.
                I have chosen that MOS swell. If its ok id like to ask you a few questions in regards. i will send a friend request.

Thanks again.

Comment

I was told not to get any more tattoos before i have to ship out by my liaison at meps.

Comment

I just returned from a funeral in NYC. Weather was colder compared to Europe.

Anyway, do not get your body marked after going through MEPS. Wait until you completed training.

Comment

Make sure when you go on pass you get a tattoo of your basic training company.

That's what all the high speed guys do.

Comment

Working...
                      X