X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit Transfer and MOS change

How long do I have to be in my unit after my graduation from AIT until I can transfer to a different unit? And how about until I can change my MOS?

Re: Unit Transfer and MOS change

You should focus on completing BCT and AIT successfully before worrying about changing your unit/MOS.

Comment

Originally posted by MPArmy View Post
      How long do I have to be in my unit after my graduation from AIT until I can transfer to a different unit? And how about until I can change my MOS?
      You can technically "request" whenever you get back. Your unit doesnt have to ever grant your request. Depending on your reasoning, most units though will at least entertain the idea after you've been with them a year.

Comment

Originally posted by MPThink View Post
        You should focus on completing BCT and AIT successfully before worrying about changing your unit/MOS.
        The reason why I'm wondering now is because I'm graduating from college right before I go to AIT and I plan to go to grad school but I'd have to transfer to a different unit in order to do that.

Comment

The reason why I'm wondering now is because I'm graduating from college right before I go to AIT and I plan to go to grad school but I'd have to transfer to a different unit in order to do that.
          Why would you have to transfer to a different unit for grad school?

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
            Why would you have to transfer to a different unit for grad school?
            Yeah...thats what I'm wondering. ???

Comment

Because I'm in the Wyoming National Guard and I'm planning on going to grad school in Texas.

Comment

And there are no MP units close to your Grad school?

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                  And there are no MP units close to your Grad school?
                  I'm actually not MP. Those are my initials lol. There is a unit close to where I want to go to grad school with my MOS, but I would have to transfer to that unit correct? That is why I'm wondering how long I have to be in my original unit before I can transfer to a different one.

I was just curious about how long until you could change MOS, it doesn't really apply to me. Just wondering.

Comment

I'm actually not MP. Those are my initials lol.
                    I thought you were 31B too....LOL

Comment

I'm actually not MP. Those are my initials lol. There is a unit close to where I want to go to grad school with my MOS, but I would have to transfer to that unit correct? That is why I'm wondering how long I have to be in my original unit before I can transfer to a different one.

I was just curious about how long until you could change MOS, it doesn't really apply to me. Just wondering.
                      You can request to be attached to a unit out in Texas and drill with them until you graduate. It's easier than interstate transfering only for grad school. I think you should talk to your unit about exploring that option

Comment

Also, you should have clarified that you were talking about leaving the state. Transferring units and transferring states are 2 different things. It's alot easier to transfer states then it is to just transfer units within the state. Mainly because the unit cant stop you from leaving the state, but they can stop you from transferring with in the state.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                          Also, you should have clarified that you were talking about leaving the state. Transferring units and transferring states are 2 different things. It's alot easier to transfer states then it is to just transfer units within the state. Mainly because the unit cant stop you from leaving the state, but they can stop you from transferring with in the state.
                          On the money. And very important information to know with regards to finding a new unit.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                            Sorry for not clarifying. I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                            X