X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Haircut?

My friend is in RSP and she just shaved her head. Most girls have a bun. Are you allowed to have the male's version of haircut. I thought we couldn't have it buzzed at all. Thanks!

Re: Female Haircut?

This made me laugh, but then I thought about it... I checked AR 670-1 and found this:

"Female Hair Standards

Female soldiers will ensure their hair is neatly groomed, that the length and bulk of the hair are not excessive, and that the hair does not present a ragged, unkempt, or extreme appearance. Likewise, trendy styles that result in shaved portions of the scalp (other than the neckline) or designs cut into the hair are prohibited."

So, I'm not really sure, seems out of regs. But, GI Jane did it.

Comment

At my most recent drill this last weekend it was specified, per the regulation, that a woman's hair cannot fall below the collar and that shaving their head 'like a dude', as they put it, was forbidden.

Comment

Originally posted by Ver24Strat View Post
        My friend is in RSP and she just shaved her head. Most girls have a bun. Are you allowed to have the male's version of haircut. I thought we couldn't have it buzzed at all. Thanks!
        I can show you many photos of women soldiers on active duty with buzz cuts - GI Jane style

Comment

I just had a funny flashback. With had this african-american female soldier that supported us. Initially, her hair was cropped like a male short cut ( http://coolmenshair.com/2007/09/high...-haircuts.html ) like in the link and because I was confused of her ***; I kept on addressing as Sergeant not trying to make any reference to any pronouns that might make a mistake.

I found out she was female but when I was at the gym, she could do pullups like a guy the type that is behind the head. She do it easily for 6 reps.

She was real hardcore. I recommend her for infantry anyday

Comment

As 11Bang referenced female haircuts are not supposed to involve shaved heads, but they can be very short. We had a handful that cut their hair very short for OSUT, and there's one or two in my unit now that keep their hair short. As long as it's off your collar and out of your eyes, whether in a bun or just super short, you're probably not going to get called out about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 11Bang View Post
              This made me laugh, but then I thought about it... I checked AR 670-1 and found this:

"Female Hair Standards

Female soldiers will ensure their hair is neatly groomed, that the length and bulk of the hair are not excessive, and that the hair does not present a ragged, unkempt, or extreme appearance. Likewise, trendy styles that result in shaved portions of the scalp (other than the neckline) or designs cut into the hair are prohibited."

So, I'm not really sure, seems out of regs. But, GI Jane did it.
              It can be buzzed short, but it has to ALL be buzzed short. The reg is saying she can't have a mohawk or fohawk or whatever they call it these days. lol. But really, It can be short, as long as no one section is buzzed. I have 2 females with their hair extremely short.

Comment

I've seen a few females with high-and-tights. Not the most flattering look, but certainly functional.

Comment

Originally posted by 0844 View Post
                  I've seen a few females with high-and-tights. Not the most flattering look, but certainly functional.
                  Yikes....I don't think I have the best 'skull' for that; I'll stick with the sock bun.

Stays in no matter what! Besides, I prefer to look like a woman, when I'm not bein' one of the guys

My personal opinion, you gals rockin the Sinead O'Conner....more power to ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                    Yikes....I don't think I have the best 'skull' for that; I'll stick with the sock bun.

Stays in no matter what! Besides, I prefer to look like a woman, when I'm not bein' one of the guys

My personal opinion, you gals rockin the Sinead O'Conner....more power to ya!
                    Here is a photo of one of our coin recognition ceremonies and you can see how some of the women wear their hair but the example that I wrote earlier of that African-America soldier was the same style of hair and length of the male soldier on the far right of the attached photograph.

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
                      It can be buzzed short, but it has to ALL be buzzed short. The reg is saying she can't have a mohawk or fohawk or whatever they call it these days. lol. But really, It can be short, as long as no one section is buzzed. I have 2 females with their hair extremely short.
                      What about a LOLhawk?

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                        What about a LOLhawk?
                        What's that look like?!?! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
                          What's that look like?!?! LOL

Comment

Certain short styles are easier to manage then other and even easier then long hair. I had the pleasure of having the longest hair in my Co at BCT. Which meant others were given **** cause the DS said if I could get my hair to be regs then everyone else could. Had a few buzzed heads, as they used to have dreads (NO GO). Not "illegal" just frowned upon generally.

Comment

Working...
                            X