X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help reguarding my officer accession bonus

I am a Commissioned Officer who attended BOLC and I have not received my first half of my Officer Accessions Bonus. I have went through my Guard CoC within the S1 section and they keep telling me the bonus paperwork is missing. I am now going to escalate this to the Battalion commander as I was promised this bonus when I first signed on as an SMP cadet quite awhile ago. What can I do to make sure I get my bonus? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Thanks!

Re: I need help reguarding my officer accession bonus

Ask your Readiness NCO to look you up in iMARC, the incentive tracking database. Often one missing document holds up the whole works.

In parallel, raise this issue with your State OSM, who is usually the one responsible for these matters.

Comment

Thank you for the response Sir.

I have pinged everyone from my S1, OSM, down to Company Commander. I believe I have found the root issue of my problem. The OSM of the State I was commissioned in failed to obtain a Bonus Control Number for me. I was eligible for the bonus when I was commissioned. Will they retroactively provide me a bonus control number so I can get paid like I was supposed to? When I filled out the paperwork for my commissioning, I had believed at the time I had filled everything I needed to to obtain the bonus. I was never made aware of a Bonus Control Number at the time.

Comment

That may require a good deal of work on your part. Gather every document that demonstrates that you did your part and acted in good faith -- every related email, your copy of the bonus contract, sworn statements from anyone with knowledge of the situation, the valid SRIP guidance and relevant SMOMs from the time period, and package it all together with a cover letter explaining what you think you deserve and why. Then let your chain of command know that you will present this case to your State IG, since the nature of the situation makes it impossible for resolution through normal command channels.

Whatever you do, don't buy anything on the presumption that you'll get the money. Don't spend it until you have it. Better yet, don't spend it at all, invest in a Roth IRA in a low-cost retirement fund.

Comment

I'll tell you that this happened to me. They "lost" my paperwork and noone could find it. Luckily, I had a copy of it and was able to give it to them and I got my bonus. But from experience and the experiences of others, make sure you have copies of EVERYTHING the army gives you. Never trust iPerms or anything they have "on record". Make an "I Love Me" book and keep track of everything

Comment

Working...
          X