Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cav scout?? or airborne infantry??

If you want elite join the Marines.
    Last edited by Chaplain4me; March 8th, 2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Let's just stick to "high speed."

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
        Let's just stick to "high speed."
        That is a better way to put it.

Comment

I thought the Elite were the invisible guys with swords in Halo?

Comment

I would hope everyone thinks highly of their unit, or else they're not training right.

The 143rd has been an honorable unit since it's being formed in 1917, and with this newest reactivation we intend to, and will succeed in carrying on that tradition.

Comment

Wow... this really turned into a who's better than who thread??

Comment

As far as 11B or 19D, the jobs and training are very similar, if not the same in most cases.

Now, if you add a unit that is Airborne to the mix, then you may find more 11B's than 19D's. Airborne units have a higher "ego" level, but do the same job in most cases as the regular non-Airborne guys in non-Airborne units.

Now, add a LRS unit and you have guys who are truely high speed, and may be the elite of the conventional Army (ARNG/USAR included) by nature of thier job and training, but no 19D's - only 11B's.

Now if you are strictly on active duty, then a Ranger unit - which is the 75th Infantry Regiment (only on Active Duty) and you get really high speed, and they consider themselves the elite of the light Infantry - yes, you can presume that there are no 19D's in this unit.

Now, add SF to the mix - and well they are elite.... and high speed... and a bag of chips. Some consider LRS to be a feeder unit for SF (many of the soldiers tend to pursue careers with SF) and both 19D and 11B would be a good basic feeder MOS to attempt SF training (be aware there is a lot more to this story than just a basic MOS)...

So - pick whichever MOS fits your bill, if you want - reclass into the other after awhile... be sooper hooah, and high speed (even if it is in your own mind, at the end of the day).
                Last edited by LRSU_Dog; March 8th, 2011, 06:17 PM.

Comment

The Dawg, has put this in a very educated point of view. This thread is not about who is better than another, for we all have valid points. Points that make this a very diverse and well rounded fighting force. It is suggested that only points of view about either 11b or 19D be posted from here on out. Share personal stories if you have any. Dont jack someones post because of a pising contest between units. Thats apples and watermellons.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                    The Dawg, has put this in a very educated point of view. This thread is not about who is better than another, for we all have valid points. Points that make this a very diverse and well rounded fighting force. It is suggested that only points of view about either 11b or 19D be posted from here on out. Share personal stories if you have any. Dont jack someones post because of a pising contest between units. Thats apples and watermellons.
                    Watermelons are way better, because they are juicier. Wait, what? Oh.

No peeing contest here, and I'm not trying to sway you either way, original poster. I may be able to contact with the gentleman that handles the recruiting for the Texas Guard's Abn, CAV, and SF, who can answer all of your questions, but you're going to have to filter your questions through me first (or anyone else who has the POC and is willing to help.) Compile an organized list of your questions, and send them to me.

Have you asked your recruiter if meps will even put you in a slot in one of these units upon enlistment? I'll give you a hint: hurry.

Just saw your thread about failing a drug test. Can't do much for you now except answer questions. Let me know if you get into meps.
                    Last edited by ScoutzOut; March 11th, 2011, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys, I tried but the perfect storm got me.. i can make all the excuses in the world but the bottom line is i screwed up. Thank you all for your service

Comment

wow this thread took a complete 360 w that last post.....yeeek lol

Comment

Your knowledge would be incorrect. Georgia, Michigan, and Indiana all have LRSC or D. There is also an Airborne unit in RI. The RI unit runs Leapfest every year.

Comment

Working...
                          X