X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Military Schools

I'm going to be missing my AT period this year for the birth of my new little daughter. (Her due date is only a month away from AT) I've been given the opportunity to go to a school in lieu of AT this year and I am a CPL 74D female that has already been to WLC. I was wondering what everyone thought were the best schools that I should try and get. ( I was told I need to have 2 in mind to request.)

Re: Best Military Schools

Congrats on the new little one on the way, CPL! That's pretty awesome that you'll get to pick a school instead of AT. If you were a 31B I'd say go to PSD (Personal Security Detail). I've had several NCO's tell me it was their favorite course/school. I have no idea what kind of schools are even out there for 74D's, but I'd jump at air assault if that was a possibility.

I found the CBRN school page here and RADSAFE sounds pretty interesting (plus rad is in the name, so you know it's cool, haha). Maybe you could browse around there a bit: http://www.wood.army.mil/wood_cms/usacbrns/5202.shtml

Edit: Maybe also ask your training NCO about schools at a nearby RTI. I know one of my PLT's NCO's was teaching a weapons class that sounded great that I had to miss out on due to college. There might be something in your area you're not even aware exists.

Comment

See if you can swing ALC in your MOS. You would be so far ahead of your competition in your company and in your battalion/state.

Comment

I'd request to attend ABIC (Army Basic Instructor Course). This may be an easy sell to the unit because it will be beneficial to them to have a qualified instructor. It will be beneficial to you because it then gives you the opportunity to try to get a position as an instructor at perhaps a WLC or 74D course.

Also, this school would give you promotion points that you wouldl not get if you simply attended another NCOES.

Comment

Don't neglect some of the less glamorous but more practical courses, e.g., Equal Opportunity, Ground Safety, Line of Duty Investigator, etc. They're a little dry, but you can really make a positive impact on your unit.

Comment

Working...
          X