• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ranger units in the Guard

Theres one in Hagerstown, MD.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolbird7 View Post
      Scoutz, I dout this but do you know of any "ranger companies" here in Maryland?
      Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
      They are not Ranger companies. The only Ranger companies in the Army belong to the 75th Ranger Regiment. I believe the term you may be looking for is long range surveillance companies.
      Maryland still has a National Guard LRS unit, C Trp. (LRSC) 1-158 CAV (formerly E. Co. 629th MI)

Comment

GA LRS is lucky to be where we are. Having 75th RR HQ and 2 batts in the state we get a lot of old "BAtt Boys" when they come off of active duty. Good luck Scoutzout on having the highest % of Victor qualified personnel. 10 of our 18 TL's are tabbed. All 3 PL's and the CO are tabbed. We send people to "**** school" on a daily basis. When I was an RI at WTC, we didn't see that many Texas guys. The ones you guys sent were impressive though.

Comment

Originally posted by LRS_Paratrooper View Post
          GA LRS is lucky to be where we are. Having 75th RR HQ and 2 batts in the state we get a lot of old "BAtt Boys" when they come off of active duty. Good luck Scoutzout on having the highest % of Victor qualified personnel. 10 of our 18 TL's are tabbed. All 3 PL's and the CO are tabbed. We send people to "**** school" on a daily basis. When I was an RI at WTC, we didn't see that many Texas guys. The ones you guys sent were impressive though.
          No harm in a little friendly competition! We officially reactivated on 11 Sept 2010. I believe we have almost all of our SL's tabbed, and 4 more from the unit just graduated a day or two ago. I liked the unit as it was a few months ago, with E-6/7's as PL's because the LT's washed out of Ranger school. Haha!! I am interested in LRS, after deployment I don't know if I'll be able to continue flying to drill.

Comment

Does anyone know if 1-158 LRS in Maryland has open slots, who is the POC for that unit?

Comment

Working...
            X