Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger units in the Guard

Hay all.
    A few days ago I had a nice conversation with a Guards man/woman who manages their Facebook about joining the Guard and transferring sometime to AD so I can join the Rangers. He/She informed me that the Guard has Ranger units so I would not have to transfer. He/She told me that they have the same Big time "Rangers lead the way" hub bub and the same missions.
    I just have a few questions,
    Is their one gient unit like in AD or dose the Guard have a unit for each state?
    If their is only one unit in like AD would I have to move to another state to be in the unit?
    Do they train at Ft Benning like AD Rangers?
    Many thanks.

Re: Ranger units in the Guard

Up Front there is not any "Ranger" units in the NG. The only official Ranger Units are on AD with the 75th. There is LRS units in the NG, that have a lot of the same training and Op Tempo, that you are speaking of. They are not in every state, and kinda rare. There are 2 NG SF Groups, as another avenue for you. As for Ranger School, there is only one. It is out of Ft. Benning and ran by the 5th Ranger Training Brigade (5th RTB). For all NG soldiers attending Ranger School, they are required to attend PreRanger, also located at Benning. Upon completion of PreRanger, they will be blessed off as a NG soldier qualified to attend Ranger School. For info on these schools, Google. LRS Units, are ABN qual, and recieve many other specialized schools, such as Dive, PathFinder, Ranger, AA etc.. along with different skill sets. Make sure you get what you want. If a LRS unit isnt close to you, its on your dime to travel to drill. Units in a SOF community are top notch and dont put up with BS. If you cant make the commitment, dont waste yours or their time. There is a new Specialty Moderator here named SF Hunter, that can help you in further recruiting issues related to units like these. Best of Luck to you on your future in the NG and thank you, for your interest.
    Last edited by SF Hunter; September 16th, 2013, 11:44 AM.

Comment

That was very helpfull, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolbird7 View Post
        A few days ago I had a nice conversation with a Guards man/woman who manages their Facebook about joining the Guard and transferring sometime to AD so I can join the Rangers. He/She informed me that the Guard has Ranger units so I would not have to transfer. He/She told me that they have the same Big time "Rangers lead the way" hub bub and the same missions.
        Who did you speak with? Who is this person putting out this information?

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
          Who did you speak with? Who is this person putting out this information?
          +1. That is very bad information. Coolbird can you post the link to that Facebook page?

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg
            Ranger school isn't operated by the 75th RR, it's ran by the Infatry Center.
            [QUOTE=Phantom]Up Front there is not any "Ranger" units in the NG. The only official Ranger Units are on AD with the 75th. There is LRS units in the NG.

[QUOTE=Phantom]For all NG soldiers attending Ranger School, they are required to attend PreRanger, also located at Benning.

Pre-Ranger is operated by ARNG Warrior Training Center.

LRS type units are available in the Guard in some states. They are usually all volunteer units, such as Airborne Infantry. They demand and maintain high standards and conduct unit try-outs for most soldiers interested in pursuing a position within the unit.
            Last edited by SF Hunter; September 16th, 2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Here is a link to the conversation I had
              http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...50137189767189
              And heres a link to the Guards Facebook page. It looks pretty proffesional.
              http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to.../nationalguard

Comment

Here is a link to the conversation I had
                http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...50137189767189
                And heres a link to the Guards Facebook page. It looks pretty proffesional.
                http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to.../nationalguard
                Sorry for the confusion with your Facebook conversation. I will rectify this information in the future.

Comment

Its ok. I guess I'll just shoot for Specile Forces.

Comment

Its ok. I guess I'll just shoot for SPECIAL Forces.
                    I think that's what you meant..

Comment

Thanks everone for the help.

Comment

Check with SF Hunter, on here. He is a Specialty Mod, that deals with all SF questions. He can help you get pointed in the proper directions.

Comment

Although it is not the 75th, nor a "Ranger unit", the 1-143rd (A) is aiming to have the highest concentration of Ranger qualified troops in the NG. Once a troop is qualified with the proper mos, Airborne qualified, and passes a RPFT- they will have an opportunity to attend Ranger school when a slot is available.

We have companies in Texas, Alaska, and Rhode Island...if you are interested, shoot me a Pm.

Comment

Scoutz, I dout this but do you know of any "ranger companies" here in Maryland?

Comment

Scoutz, I dout this but do you know of any "ranger companies" here in Maryland?
                              They are not Ranger companies. The only Ranger companies in the Army belong to the 75th Ranger Regiment. I believe the term you may be looking for is long range surveillance companies.
                              Last edited by Explosive Hazard; February 24th, 2011, 10:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X