X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat Patch?

Is it still 6 months in a combat zone to get your combat patch?

Re: Combat Patch?

Its when it becomes authorized.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent.Fox
      Is it still 6 months in a combat zone to get your combat patch?
      Nope. One day in the combat zone. Get off the plane, put it on. When your chain of command's hair catches fire, ask them to actually read the AR 670-1 (the current one, not the one in force when they first enlisted) and that's what it authorizes.

Of course, you should still follow your chain of command's orders on the matter, because "authorized" isn't the same as "mandatory." If they want to wait 30 days, and have a formal patching ceremony, don't fight it, it's not worth it.

See para 28-17 c (2), and particularly para F-2a (quoted below):
      There is no time-in-theater requirement to be authorized to wear the SSIFWTS.

Comment

I have a new SGT in my office who is just too much. To give you an idea, he wouldnt change out of his ACU's yesterday to go run some errands to the PX and such with me after work (in high temperatures of course) because he didnt want to take off his rank. He even admitted this. And now tries to correct and lead me whenever possible.

With that being said, I'm not questioning anyone, but he says there is something in ALARACT changing that. Our chain made us wait the 30 days, so he just assumes they were correct. He also just became aware of ALARACT so its in the front of his mind. I'm pretty sure he is incorrect but just wondering if anyone ever checked there also. I havent because I really dont care one way or another.

Comment

Im not trying to steal your thread, but on a related topic. I have heard that I am authorized to wear a combat patch (Thats the one on your arm right?) that deals with the 1st Marine Division. But I have also heard that its not authorized. Anyone have any ideas about this.

Comment

Marine if you earned it wear it brother! Semper Fi !!!

Comment

One of the cadre during BCT was PS marine and wore a marine patch. My PSG as my current unit is also a PS marine and wears a marine patch.

Comment

Originally posted by 0311_Marine
                Im not trying to steal your thread, but on a related topic. I have heard that I am authorized to wear a combat patch (Thats the one on your arm right?) that deals with the 1st Marine Division. But I have also heard that its not authorized. Anyone have any ideas about this.
                http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...hp/t-8188.html
                Last edited by Rhadamanthus; September 4th, 2009, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Former Marines (you know what I mean by that) can wear their patches. Seen a lot of em.

Comment

We can't. It's specifically in the AR. It is F'ing stupid, but we can't. I know lots of former Marines do including myself, but we are breaking a regulation. Actually, I didn't wear it for the longest time, but I got tired of people saying condescendingly, "you'll see what I'm talking about when you deploy". I know it's wrong, but I'll take responsibility of anyone ever jumps in my ***** for it.

Comment

There are alot of soldiers here at FT. Lewis that wears Marine patchs as combat patchs because the fell under there command on there deployment. 170th Mp company is a whole company that wear the 2nd MEF Marine Expeditionary Force as a combat patch maybe 6 or 7 guys were there 42nd MP patch I make fun of them all the time because of it.

Comment

The main reason I'm asking is my dad said when he ret. out in 91 it was a 6 month min. in combat zone to get the combat patch, and I'll be in two diffrent combot zone's with two diffrent units/brigade's and I'll be with one for 4 months and the other right at 5 months. I'm not to happy with this because I'll get use to serving with one group of guys and then I'll have to go to another group in a country.

Comment

I have seen quite a few units come and leave the FOB now. They are all waiting a period of time for their patching. We had two units come in almost two weeks ago now. And with the left/right seat it was busy having the overlap of two at one time let me tell you. We even ran out of tent space. Anyways, neither one of them are wearing a patch yet. Happens every time. I wonder why everyone waits now if it has changed.

We have a Navy YN1 and a AF Tsgt under us. They wear our patch. That is just in our office, not sure about the other joint forces, I havent really paid attention to what patch they are wearing. But our brigade Commander patched those two one day when he was doing a walk-through of the office.

Comment

Originally posted by WIBecky74
                            I have a new SGT in my office who is just too much. To give you an idea, he wouldnt change out of his ACU's yesterday to go run some errands to the PX and such with me after work (in high temperatures of course) because he didnt want to take off his rank. He even admitted this. And now tries to correct and lead me whenever possible.

With that being said, I'm not questioning anyone, but he says there is something in ALARACT changing that. Our chain made us wait the 30 days, so he just assumes they were correct. He also just became aware of ALARACT so its in the front of his mind. I'm pretty sure he is incorrect but just wondering if anyone ever checked there also. I havent because I really dont care one way or another.
                            Another E5 drunk with power. If he has an ALARACT, then he should produce it. I'd be interested to see that myself. Otherwise, go with what you can prove.

So many people tell me about documents that they saw once briefly, but cannot produce them when challenged. What am I to make of this regulatory Sasquatch sighting? If you can't show me the document, then stop talking about it.

Becky, perhaps you should tell your colleague that you saw an ALARACT stating that he had to do your laundry.

Comment

When things like this happen i always ask in if possible if the can show me where it states this, Reg or where ever else it may be and 99% of the time the find it read it and relize there wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X