X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Combat Patch?

Hey all I have a question, about ssi's I just came to a unit, where another nco got all over one of my troops about his ssi, so I laid into this ssgt because he should have come to me first, they deployed as a company and were attached with 1st ID and 101st during a tour in AFG in 2010. And he statedthey cannot wear the 1st ID as my troop had on or 101st, only the unit they deployed with. So I read the reg and saw about the 2 differnt theatres you can choose, and since a change in 2007 states you wear how you deployed with or not at all.
    Is this correct. Now in turn how does that affect some units that were perm assigned to AD. My unit then was assigned to 4bde 3rd ID as their second infantry battalion during OIF04-05 all of our orders and awards have 3rd ID issuance. And we have been wearing 3 ID ssi, some of the pogues wore the old bde patch and some not at all because they felt they didnt deserve it. Since that change came about in 07. Am I correct by saying I can still wear 3rd ID correct, because it was before the chnage in 07, the reg does not stTe a previous time frame, and we went as a battalion perm assigend to 3rd ID.

Thanks in advance.
    Sgt. W

Comment

Re: Combat Patch?

It's the unit that you are serving with. Personally, I prefer that. I hate coming up to a soldier who wears a 101st or 82nd patch and I ask when they were stationed there and they say they were not but attached. I soon to rate three combat patches but I only wear my 101st and I was stationed there.

Comment

Working...
      X