Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I locate a deployed soldier, so I can send a care package?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I locate a deployed soldier, so I can send a care package?

I'm trying to locate a friend that has been deployed. I haven't had any contact with him since his deployment and would like to find out where he is in order to send a care package. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to find out where I can send care packages and how to locate him specifically?

Re: How do I locate a deployed soldier, so I can send a care package?

Facebook? Thats probably the easiest way to find him.

Comment

Because of privacy concerns, there's no easy, centralized way for you to find your friend. Since you are his friend, you must have some contact with his other friends and his family. In addition, his unit has a rear detachment that will have his deployed address.

Comment

Excellent responses because this could go under the guise, "how can I find a deployed soldier, so I can tell him I am pregnant".

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
          Excellent responses because this could go under the guise, "how can I find a deployed soldier, so I can tell him I am pregnant".
          Always on the job; Hooah!

Comment

Soccergirl16,

Colonel Richie is correct. Due to operational security concerns deployment information is not public. You will need to email your friend for the information or give the items to someone in his social network. You may also be able to go to his unit if you know it and request that the Family Readiness Group send it. This is if they send care packages.

Originally posted by soccergirl16 View Post
            I'm trying to locate a friend that has been deployed. I haven't had any contact with him since his deployment and would like to find out where he is in order to send a care package. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to find out where I can send care packages and how to locate him specifically?

Comment

Working...
            X