X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Home Stretch!!!!!!!

My husband has been at AIT for 11 months, 2 wees and 5 days. Not that I have been counting. He will FINALLY come home October 24th.

Logically I knew this would come to an end at some point. Not gonna say there have been some super sucky parts but I cant wait for him to come home for good. (partly cause we are taking a "Done with AIT" cruise in December.

But for another reason as well. His total AIT is 62 weeks, a year and 10 weeks, a long *** time... how ever you want to put it. I now know that I can make it though a future deployment. Im not so nieve(sp?) to think that wont happen. Infact his MOS makes him even more deployable.

So I have 20 weekends to go. And the count continues.

Re: The Home Stretch!!!!!!!

Great gift idea: Battlefield 3 comes out on Oct 25th.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
      Better idea: Modern Warfare comes out November lol!

Comment

Whats his MOS?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
          What you meant to say was Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Comment

Best idea, Not leaving the bed till he cant walk straight.

His MOS is 68K (Medical Lab Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by NGWife2010 View Post
              Best idea, Not leaving the bed till he cant walk straight.
              I would moderate this being inappropriate for the United States Army, but no. GET 'EM!

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
                I would moderate this being inappropriate for the United States Army, but no. GET 'EM!
                What I meant was.....Sleeping too much can cause back problems.. yeah.. thats it.

Comment

What I meant was.....Sleeping too much can cause back problems.. yeah.. thats it.
                  HAHAHAHAH. Great woman! Glad you're thinking right!

Comment

That's some OPSEC material right there.

Comment

My husband has been at AIT for 11 months, 2 wees and 5 days. Not that I have been counting. He will FINALLY come home October 24th.

Logically I knew this would come to an end at some point. Not gonna say there have been some super sucky parts but I cant wait for him to come home for good. (partly cause we are taking a "Done with AIT" cruise in December.

But for another reason as well. His total AIT is 62 weeks, a year and 10 weeks, a long *** time... how ever you want to put it. I now know that I can make it though a future deployment. Im not so nieve(sp?) to think that wont happen. Infact his MOS makes him even more deployable.

So I have 20 weekends to go. And the count continues.
                      Someone might have asked you this question already and I do not know if you work as well; but could you have gotten on the orders to accompany him to his AIT due to the duration? He could still complete his residency training at the hospital at the same post.

Excellent 68K video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6NwaAEj_kM&NR=1
                      Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; June 7th, 2011, 12:42 PM.

Comment

We thought about it, but my job (Yes, Im a Fed) is here as well as my somewhat existant support (flaky family), house, dogs etc. Due to the intensity of his course work we both desided I would be too much of a distraction (I visited Ft Sam a few times)he ended up graduating Phase 1 4th in his class with honors. The hospital where his residency is at is about 5 hours away and he could come home but with the cost of gas its almost prohibitive. (specially since his car is about ready to die, yay one more thing to worry about)

Comment

We thought about it, but my job (Yes, Im a Fed) is here as well as my somewhat existant support (flaky family), house, dogs etc. Due to the intensity of his course work we both desided I would be too much of a distraction (I visited Ft Sam a few times)he ended up graduating Phase 1 4th in his class with honors. The hospital where his residency is at is about 5 hours away and he could come home but with the cost of gas its almost prohibitive. (specially since his car is about ready to die, yay one more thing to worry about)
                          Ohhhh, I know about dying cars. I just brought a new 2011. I should have purchased a hybrid but I got a good deal so this car should be with me for the next decade. So what type of unit he will serve in?

Comment

SOMETIMES, you have to be selfish (regarding the both of you). The rest of your family have to live with you and your husbands choice. THEY have to adjust.

Comment

I believe he is Med Support. He has told me his unit# several times..... and I still forget it. But he is Indiana NG out of Camp Attabury.

Comment

Working...
                              X