X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok.. need some opinions...

So my husband will be graduating from phase 1 of his AIT in a few weeks. I have been sending cookies the first 6 months of his AIT ( shareable amounts) and I plan on making a bunch to take with me when I go. I have asked him what kind and he said he doesn't care. So I put it to a vote. What kind of cookies should I make? I will make no more than 2 different kinds. I'm not a bakery after all.

Also, would it be inappropriate to make his SGT some?

Re: Ok.. need some opinions...

Macaroons!

We had someone try to send our DS (OSUT) some candy, and he asked us if he looked like he wanted our lickies and chewies and then made every soldier in the platoon stomp on the candy. Haha. We weren't allowed to share the things we got in our packages, but it sounds like your husband is. It all depends on the DS/SGT, but it wouldn't be inappropriate, in my opinion, for you to try.

Comment

I never sent anything like that in BCT. Im not that mean I did send a coloring book and crayons to one of the guys who turned 18 though. (husbands idea)

His AIT is pretty flexible. He has been there for 6 months and in a few weeks will be transferring posts for in-hospital training. He takes the cookies to class and puts them out when they are watching TV in the common room.

Ill put macaroons on the list of candidates

Comment

You mentioned you're not a baker - so Google "No Bake Cookies"

The term "heaven sent" comes to mind...........

Comment

I said Im not a bakery... there is a difference. Im not gonna make a dozen different cookies

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Emu View Post
            You mentioned you're not a baker - so Google "No Bake Cookies"

The term "heaven sent" comes to mind...........
            Agreed with this. The chocolate/peanut butter/oatmeal no bake cookies are amazing.

Comment

No Bake, Chocolate Chip...

Dang. My hubby had it hard through AIT and Basic, they weren't allowed sweets unless they were off post. Its a great morale booster and I'm sure no matter what they would love em.

Comment

Off post?!

Haha. Differences in how "hard" training is comes from the length of AIT, the post, etc. Everywhere is different. It's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Baysiderulez View Post
                  No Bake, Chocolate Chip...

Dang. My hubby had it hard through AIT and Basic, they weren't allowed sweets unless they were off post. Its a great morale booster and I'm sure no matter what they would love em.
                  lol.....sorry....just funny.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                    lol.....sorry....just funny.
                    You have to watch it with this moderator lol. But that bolded line was true during BCT in the 80s lol.

Comment

Dirty dirty.... I love it .lol

Comment

Chocolate Chip is a classic plus you can buy the break and bake cookies so it isn't that much work

Comment

If it was just me I would do the break apart cookies, but my husband will only eat my cookies. I have my own recipe for most of everything. Little tweeks here and there.

I have desided on Chocolate Chip and Snickerdoodles. If Im in a really good mood then maybe Macaroons. If any one really really wants some PM me your address and Ill send a small package.

Comment

Well the plan has changes yet again. I was going to do all my baking today. So just to make it more of a challenge I went and broke my ankle. Go me. Still goin to Texas next week. JUst try and stop me Fate. HA! Have at you!

Comment

Working...
                            X