X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Guard and continuing education

I am in the process of applying for the NG. My recruiter is ok at answering most questions, but many in depth questions not so much. I have one more year of undergrad, and am planning on going to grad school (for about 2-3yrs). I was wondering:
    1- does the Montgomery GI Bill apply if I am attending a private university versus a state school (in FL).
    2- is there a way to be "non-deployable" until I finnish school and have my degree?
    3-My recruiter also mentioned OCS (officer school) since i have over 90 college credits, but said after you graduate from there, I would not be able to "choose" what job or field I would go into ...expound please..?? I an interested in the med corps.
    Thanks!

Re: National Guard and continuing education

Originally posted by cancan View Post
    I am in the process of applying for the NG. My recruiter is ok at answering most questions, but many in depth questions not so much. I have one more year of undergrad, and am planning on going to grad school (for about 2-3yrs). I was wondering:
    1- does the Montgomery GI Bill apply if I am attending a private university versus a state school (in FL).
    2- is there a way to be "non-deployable" until I finnish school and have my degree?
    3-My recruiter also mentioned OCS (officer school) since i have over 90 college credits, but said after you graduate from there, I would not be able to "choose" what job or field I would go into ...expound please..?? I an interested in the med corps.
    Thanks!
    (1) GI Bill SR does apply to both private and state schools. Also there is FTA (Federal Tuition Assistance) which is about 4,500 per fiscal year.
    (3) From what I understand, there is no standard uniform practice of branching across the National Guard in regards to selection of the branch that you want. It varies from State to State/territories.

Also if you are interested in the "med corps" you should contact a AMEDD recruiter for the National Guard in your state.
    http://www.floridaguard.army.mil/join/officer/medical
    Last edited by Mike.; December 30th, 2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X