X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoArmyEd

I've been trying to enroll in classes and request TA through the GoArmyEd website, but the TA paying the full amount of my classes in continually denied. Previously I have requested TA through my state's Education Services Office and the TA paying for all my classes went off without a hitch. Is this normal or have my TA rates magically changed because of the migration over to GoArmyEd? Please help. Thanks.

Re: GoArmyEd

You'll have to look at the yearly cap. It's only 4500 per fiscal year. I ran into the same issue.

My first semester was the tailend of the fiscal year so they paid everything. Come next semster though, I had to shell out about 20%. That's why its called Tuition Assistance and not Tuition Full Ride. Plus, everything is getting cut... a lot. To include FTA.

Fortunately, we here in Texas also have a state program called Tuition Reimbursement. They end up paying the difference between what FTA pays and what is due. You have to pay outta pocket intially, but you get in back.

Comment

Remember that the TA calendar follows the fiscal year (1 OCT - 30 SEP), whereas the schools have their own calendars.

Comment

So the TXARNG STRP only pays for $4100 per hour up to 12 hours. I'm taking 18 next semester, so I'll be responsible for paying the rest out of pocket? Also, the GoArmyEd people kept telling me about a Top-Up form, is that for the GI Bill or what? Thanks.

Comment

It just doesn't make sense. When I had applied for TA through the Minuteman website for TX ARNG they approved me and paid for 100% of all of my classes. The only thing I had to pay for was books How much, exactly, does the TX STRP reimburse?

Comment

They reimburse a pretty fair amount. PM me and I can send you an email with some info.

Comment

Working...
            X