X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entering as E2 or E3 with college credits

I'm a full-time college student, currently with 39 credits under my belt and by the time I would actually ship out I will have 54.
    I have heard that with college credit you may be able to enter as an E2 or E3. Is this true? If so, what number of credits is required for each upgraded level of entry?

Re: Entering as E2 or E3 with college credits

E-2: 24 credits
    E-3: 48 credits
    E-4: Bachelors Degree

Comment

Thanks!
      So, if I earn the additional credits after I enter the guard, am I eligible for a promotion again? Can you move through the ranks after you enlist or do you have to wait a minimum period of time before you are eligible to increase your rank?

Comment

You have to wait a minimum time in service and time in current grade/rank, before being eligible for promotion. The only time your future college credits will apply for promotion is from E-4 to E-5 and beyond. Non-Commissioned Officer promotions are based on a point system.

Enlisted Soldiers have strict guidelines by which they will be promoted and are governed by AR 600-8-19 (Enlisted Promotions and Reductions), Chapters 1, 2, 7, 10, and 11.

IAW AR 600-8-19 (Enlisted Promotions and Reductions), Chapter 2, Decentralized Promotions are managed by the unit Commander. Enlisted Soldiers in grades E-4 and below must be in a promotable status on the effective date of promotion. Advancement will be effective on the first day the Soldier becomes eligible to be advanced to the next higher grade. Privates in the grade of E-1 are eligible for advancement to E-2 six months after the date they enter Initial Active Duty for Training. Privates in grade E-2 are eligible for advancement to E-3 with 12 months time-in-service (TIS) and four months time-in-grade (TIG). Privates in the grade of E-3 are eligible for advancement to E-4 with 24 months time-in-service and six months time-in-grade. Commanders may advance up to 10% of each company’s assigned PV1 to PV2 and PV2 to PFC without regard to the TIS AND TIG requirements
        Last edited by SF Hunter; December 13th, 2011, 06:41 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Working...
        X