X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROTC/SMP transfer please help!

Hello fellas my name is Alex. I'm 20 and a student at a local community college. I'm about to enlist as a 68W in the Guard and plan on going to BCT this summer and resume college in the following spring. After I complete the spring semester I will have over 30 credits and a good GPA which will make me eligible for SMP upon return.

Now here in lies the problem. I want to transfer to the University of Maryland. It's not only a fantastic school but I have free tuition there as my mom is a doctor in their health center. Why spend tax dollars on tuition if I dont need it? Plus they have a great ROTC program. Now my gpa really isn't horrible (2.7) and I'm positive I can get that above a 3.0 this semester. But I'm trying to be thorough and I realize I still may not be competitive enough for acceptance to UMD upon return from AIT and may need to get in another semester.

That's all groovy because our community college can participate in another Universities ROTC program. The not so groovy part is that University really isnt very good and I do not want to transfer there. I don't think they'd be too hot on taking a cadet who doesnt plan on transferring. I'm not going to accept ANY scholarship money either way.

So my question is if I have to go back to Community College for another semester after AIT is it within reason that I can transfer to UMD? this is important because I dont want to be deployable until I receive my commission. this means I would have to participate in ROTC somewhere and I dont get into UMD right away I have to do it at my community college. Please help!

Re: ROTC/SMP transfer please help!

Originally posted by cmaj7th View Post
    So my question is if I have to go back to Community College for another semester after AIT is it within reason that I can transfer to UMD?
    Just curious...how in the world would anyone here know if you'll be able to get into UMD?

But if you want an answer, I'll say Yes, absolutely...or No, definitely not. You pick whichever answer you think will work better for you.

Comment

I believe you have misunderstood me. Im not asking if you think I am capable of transferring to UMD, I'm asking if I can transfer from one ROTC to another. Both are Army ROTC

Comment

Yes you are able to switch ROTCs at any time between semesters. The HRA's and PMS's coordinate the switch and handle it with Cadet Command. It has happened before its nothing new.

Comment

Working...
        X