Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting TA and GI Bill started before getting to unit?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting TA and GI Bill started before getting to unit?

Just got home from IET. 13F MOSQ and still in RSP until probably January. I also start college in January. Is it possible to get my TA and GI Bill started now before getting to my unit? Because on GoArmyEd it says I need my unit's CO signature for TA, and the NOBE for the GI Bill also requires it. So I assume I would have to wait until I get to my unit to start receiving the benefits. However I read that you can start getting TA in RSP, and I'm guessing GI Bill too since I finished IET. I just need the money before getting to my unit to make college payments, and need to know if that's possible?

Thank You

Re: Getting TA and GI Bill started before getting to unit?

I know in Alaska there is a Sargent at HQ that handles TA for the whole state, I assume it is similar in other states even if they have multiple people that do it. If you go through your command at RSP or contact your recruiter they should be able to put you in contact with the appropriate person to assist you with it.

Comment

Thank you, I guess all request for TA go through GoArmyEd.com now. I'm going to contact my recuiter to see if he can help me set everything up.

Comment

Originally posted by ABurris92 View Post
        Thank you, I guess all request for TA go through GoArmyEd.com now. I'm going to contact my recuiter to see if he can help me set everything up.
        Download the SOU (Statement of Understanding) from GoArmyEd.com , ask the RSP Commander or your Unit Commander to sign it , scan & upload the image to eFile on GoArmyEd.com .

Comment

I went to see my recruiter about it. He signed the SOU and my NOBE form. So hopefully everything works out now.

Comment

I appreciate your recruiter's intentions, but his signature means nothing on those two documents unless your RSP Commander or your Unit Commander has delgated that authority to him.

Your state Education Officer might let it slide, but they would be wrong to do so.

Squash has given you the only legit solution.

Comment

Originally posted by 91YJ View Post
              I appreciate your recruiter's intentions, but his signature means nothing on those two documents unless your RSP Commander or your Unit Commander has delgated that authority to him.

Your state Education Officer might let it slide, but they would be wrong to do so.

Squash has given you the only legit solution.
              Well he called a senior NCO. E-7 I think who I guess gave him authority to do so. GoArmyEd accepted it and I know have TA available to me. So now I'm just waiting to see if the signature on the NOBE will work for the 1606 GI Bill as well.

Comment

Working...
              X