Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army National Guard joins GoArmyEd

This is excellent news.

http://www.militarytimesedge.com/edu...armyed_050211/

The Army’s total force policy is coming to the classroom.
    Army National Guardsmen who want the military to pay for college courses that start after Oct. 1 will request their tuition assistance through the GoArmyEd portal, which already serves active-duty and reserve soldiers. Until a few years ago, the three components had different systems to manage similar programs.
    “We’d built three wheels to do the same thing,” said Maj. Scott Loring, the acting chief of the Guard’s education oversight branch.
    The integration into GoArmyEd will simplify the tuition assistance process for guardsmen called to active duty, and will give all guardsmen more control and visibility.
    “They’re going to have a much more active part in the ongoing management of their tuition assistance,” Loring said. “They’ll be able to go in and see if there’s a problem. For example, if there’s some kind of a hold on their account, they’ll be able to talk to a counselor.”
    Guardsmen can create a GoArmyEd account starting June 6 and can start requesting TA through the portal Aug. 1. Training materials will be available on the site.

Re: Army National Guard joins GoArmyEd

What is GoArmyEd?

Comment

Its a portal/program that facilitates soldiers getting TA for their classes.

https://www.goarmyed.com/public/publ..._goarmyed.aspx

Comment

Oh Great. Worst friggen system EVER.

Comment

Personally, I never had any problems with the system and finishing my masters with it seamlessly. The GoArmyEd counselors have assisted me with using my TA to pay for classes with different schools (which requires approval) and when I dropped a course late into the semester; they placed the funds back into the pool (with a 25% deduction due to time that I dropped the course).
          Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; May 11th, 2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Hopefully these people will be easier to get in touch with than the ESO folks from my state (IMPOSSIBLE!)

Comment

Working...
            X