X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of Pheonix?

UoP doesnt fill a niche. They prey upon people who are desperate for a degree and charge a lot for it. ITT Tech and many other for profits do this all the time. Avoid them all of you can.

Love the rest of your advice and your story though. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
      UoP doesnt fill a niche. They prey upon people who are desperate for a degree and charge a lot for it. ITT Tech and many other for profits do this all the time. Avoid them all of you can.

Love the rest of your advice and your story though. Thanks for sharing!
      +1000

I really wish the military would ban the for profits from the TA and GI Bill benefits.

There are way too many re****ble state instituions with online learning to waste time with U of P, AMU and the ITT's of the world.

Comment

A little humor on a sunday afternoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpgfN...eature=related

Comment

I know it's an old thread, but wanted to bring up, after checking into taxes, I have found AMU, UoP, etc. Per the IRS, it doesn't matter if you are taking 30 college credits even, any school that does not have physical classes (such as a community college, state university, etc) or a physical campus, you will not count as a "student" per your taxes.

Job Corps counted as being a full-time student, but found out from a fellow-former student who was ignorant enough to go for UoP, for the past three quarters, (9 months) he doesn't count as a student for the year 2011 tax year. University of Pheonix doesn't qualify, so he gets no "benefits" of being a full-time student, despite taking a 21 credit course load.

Just thought I'd bring this up since the discussion was shaped towards it.

Comment

Thats funny, I've been able to qualify as a student and qualify for the Lifetime Learning Credit and the HOPE Credit on my taxes the last few years as an AMU student. I don't know how that works for job corp but both AMU and U of P have physical campuses. I was just at one of the U of P campus buildings the other day picking up keys from my boyfriend who works for them and was there doing security computer testing in the STUDENT COMPUTER LAB. There are classrooms even. I saw.

Comment

Working...
            X