X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying for school

I'm signing in in the next week or so and this summer I'll be at BCT and AIT. I'm attending college in the Fall. Will I be able to get money to pay for school in the Fall or will I have to wait?

Re: Paying for school

As long as you apply for the money before you start, any FTA and or state assistance you need.

Study up on what is availible in your state. Then once you join call your states ESO office.
    Last edited by Chaplain4me; April 18th, 2011, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Once you get back from AIT and get to your unit, tell your first line leader that you need help getting your NOBE (notice of basic eligibility) and education benefits. You'll also have to set up an appointment with the VA at your school to do some paperwork. You'll generally need your contract, DD214, and NOBE for your meeting with the VA, but just ask them exactly what you need to bring and they'll be happy to help.

If you get back and your semester is going to start almost right away, try giving your recruiter a call towards the end of AIT so you don't miss deadlines that your state may have in place for educational assistance.

Comment

That is for the GI bill by the way.

Comment

The GI Bill (NOBE) and state education assistance (contacting your recruiter/first line leader).

Comment

Goood Goood, before the semster starts.......

Comment

I won't be getting back until after my semester will have been in full swing for a week or so. So I should just talk to my recruiter while I'm in AIT and she'll help me make sure I've got all the forms filled out and turned in on time? Or would I be able to get things started right after I go to MEPS the first time? That way I won't have more to stress about while I'm in AIT.

I feel bad for calling my recruiter so much. I had knee surgery I have to get pre-approved for MEPS and they've been working on them for over a month so I think I'm getting annoying

Comment

Working...
              X