X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring schools after contracting with ROTC

Right now I currently go to school in Virginia and enlisted in the VANG in March. I will be going to BCT May 24 and will be returning before school. I'm not planning on going to AIT and want to contract with my ROTC program in the fall. I was wondering if after I contract with my school in Virginia if I would be able to transfer to another school in/out of state. I ultimately want to transfer to the University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign during my junior year and wanted to know if this is possible after contracting with ROTC.

Re: Transferring schools after contracting with ROTC

As an SMP, you serve two masters. Those two masters don't talk much to each other. Thus, when you plan to transfer, you've got to deal with ROTC as well as the ARNG. Each will have their own issues and requirements. Just because you fulfill one side, doesn't mean you have fulfilled the other. For best results, start this process 6-12 months in advance, and bird-dog it to ensure that it happens smoothly. Use your chain of command, and document everything that you do. Remember, this is your life, and you can't expect anyone else to work any harder at it than you.

Comment

Thank you for that advice I will surely get that underway next year. I'm still confused as to whether or not you can transfer schools once contracted with ROTC?

Comment

Originally posted by templemania View Post
        I'm still confused as to whether or not you can transfer schools once contracted with ROTC?
        Yes, it is possible, although it is fraught with peril. Start early on this process, and verify everything you do with all parties involved. Don't presume anything will happen without your direct involvement.

Comment

Working...
        X