X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLRP and ROTC

Is it possible to have SLRP when I go into ROTC/SMP?

I am just fresh back from AIT (Actually just got off the plane last night) and I am back home in CA.

On my contract I have the SLRP which would cover my previous College Loans, an MOS Bonus, the Kicker, and the GIbill(R)

As far as I understand when I go back to school, as a Junior, I have to be contracted and sign a new contract when I go in SMP.

So is it possible to still keep my SLRP? Do I have to put it in my new contract? Does it transfer over?

EDIT 1*

Also I'm also unsure about the FLPP. I'm about to take the DLPT and if I pass I get FLPP. Do they take away my FLPP when I go into ROTC?
    Thanks,
    Last edited by Kaiser; March 15th, 2011, 07:40 PM. Reason: Forgot to add that I am going to be in SMP

Re: SLRP and ROTC

Yes you can keep the SLRP untill you commision, then it is based on if you commision into the active army or the Guard.

Comment

If you commission with Guard will the SLRP continue? Also, if you contract with ROTC after the completion of basic training but prior to AIT will this affect the SLRP?

Comment

Originally posted by dmoore817 View Post
        If you commission with Guard will the SLRP continue? Also, if you contract with ROTC after the completion of basic training but prior to AIT will this affect the SLRP?
        SLRP Continues after ROTC Contract as you are a SMP.

SLRP can continue after commission if you do not accept the commissioning bonus

Comment

Working...
        X