X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denied SLRP, what do I do?

I am in the Missouri National Guard, and have been for about a year. I was granted SLRP in my contract and have all of the paperwork to show it. When I applied to the state to take advantage of my benefit, the denied it due to my recruiter not using a "master control number". I then filed an exception to policy packet and stated my case, but the state still denied me. My questions are: 1. Who should I go to next? I think I should open a complaint with IG, but am not sure. 2. Is this a breach of contract? I know everyone says their recruiter lied to them, but in this case I think mine did, unintentionally. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Denied SLRP, what do I do?

If it is in your contract then you should have a control number for it. Is your unit trying to help you work this issue?

Comment

Not really. They told me to let the state incentives office handle it, and if it doesn't get resolved by them that we will have to go to IG or take it up with a congressman.

Comment

Well if they are telling you to contact the IG, then i'd say you could go ahead and do that. They would be the one who could get to the bottom of it. I saw in another thread you said it was in your contract and on your 214. Just wondering, how is it on your 214? Incentives dont go on that.

Comment

It has a space at the bottom that says " Soldier enlisted under Loan Repayment Program."

Comment

Originally posted by gratto05 View Post
            It has a space at the bottom that says " Soldier enlisted under Loan Repayment Program."
            What "Space at the bottom"? What block number is it? Each block/space has a number.

Comment

Grotto05 needs to fix the issue he has. There are options that you can take to correct the error in your contract. Your contract had errors so request to be discharged and do a same day reenlistment with a corrected contract. Simple and no more tears. Best of luck troop. You got this.

Comment

If I request to be discharged and re-enlist, that will basically lengthen the total time I am enlisted, correct? And, the box that is checked under Soldier enlisted under Loan repayment program is box 15C. Also, I didn't know that I could just request to be discharged.

Comment

Red Phase,

I am going through the same thing, I have waited almost 2 years for an answer. My answers was someone moved me to excess in the unit and this is why my 50,000 dollars is voided. They are not telling me to go to IG, they are saying the National Guard will not pay. I have the para that it is my primary mos when I enlisted. A control number that is valid. I am in the process of going thru IG, Congress and other options I am looking at. If you want me to help you, let me know.

National Guard Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by cleotheo View Post
                    Red Phase,

I am going through the same thing, I have waited almost 2 years for an answer. My answers was someone moved me to excess in the unit and this is why my 50,000 dollars is voided. They are not telling me to go to IG, they are saying the National Guard will not pay. I have the para that it is my primary mos when I enlisted. A control number that is valid. I am in the process of going thru IG, Congress and other options I am looking at. If you want me to help you, let me know.

National Guard Soldier
                    Unfortunately, as of April 2012, an applicant for the SLRP incentive must be a primary holder in an MOS slot. I'm putting up some sticky notes under the Benefits Forum on all the incentives that are being offered. Be sure to check back here for more information: http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...hp/59-Benefits.

Comment

Working...
                    X