X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Guard officer financial assistance in law school

I'm an SMP cadet at the University of Oklahoma. I have a 3 year GRFD scholarship which will give me an 8 year service obligation. Once I commission (quartermaster) I will begin attending law school as I drill with my unit, my question for you which is four part is, Are there any educational benefits for officers seeking to branch JAG or graduate school (or benefits for grad students in the NG in general)? Will I be able to participate in the Pay up program? and how does the GI bill work for officers? Would it be possible for a contract extension would offer student loan relief in lieu of cash bonus?

Thank you, I will be grateful for any knowledge on any of these questions you have.

Re: National Guard officer financial assistance in law school

Originally posted by Gamb0860 View Post
    I'm an SMP cadet at the University of Oklahoma. I have a 3 year GRFD scholarship which will give me an 8 year service obligation. Once I commission (quartermaster) I will begin attending law school as I drill with my unit, my question for you which is four part is, Are there any educational benefits for officers seeking to branch JAG or graduate school (or benefits for grad students in the NG in general)? Will I be able to participate in the Pay up program? and how does the GI bill work for officers? Would it be possible for a contract extension would offer student loan relief in lieu of cash bonus?

Thank you, I will be grateful for any knowledge on any of these questions you have.
    Officer benefits explanation thread RE: SLRP

Comment

Re: National Guard officer financial assistance in law school

Check out some info on the Army FLEP (Funded Legal Education Program) here.

JAG has SLRP (for active duty only) - information can be found here.

Comment

Working...
      X