X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one is better 35M or 35N ?

I am native speaker of 3 languages and fluent in 2 other languages, I am a US citizen but all of my immedate family is not US citizen other then my spouse and children. What you guys think about 35M or 35N? Which one I qualify for and if any one of you guys have any experience with this?

Re: Which one is better 35M or 35N ?

Neither: go 35P.

Which languages do you speak?

Comment

I speak Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi, German and English :-)

Comment

Tell the recruiter you'd like to take the DLPT for all of them except German (that one can wait). We need Urdu linguists.

Comment

How come there is no bouns? I guess Multi Lingual have no value right now.

Comment

Originally posted by kamran1977 View Post
            How come there is no bouns? I guess Multi Lingual have no value right now.
            Did you recruiter tell that, MEPS, or both?

http://www.nationalguard.com/careers...ceptor-locator

Comment

Yes recruiter told me about "no bonus" for linguist. Maybe there is no bouns in Georgia?
              Last edited by kamran1977; December 20th, 2011, 08:22 AM. Reason: add

Comment

Cash is good but don't join the Guard expecting to become a 1%-er. It's all about billets: Pashto, Dari, Farsi, and Arabic are the languages de jour but are always subject to change. To get the straight scoop, contact these guys:

http://78thtroop.com/221stmi/

Comment

Suppose to take a DLAB on 01/11/12, just little confused why I am taking DLAB instead of DLPT? Being a native speaker I am confident to get 3/3 but this DLAB sounds confusing and I thought its for soldiers who want to learn a langauge so they can be part of 35. Any suggestions?

Comment

I'm confused too. The DLAB is used by the DOD to determine one's aptitude to LEARN a foreign language and clearly you have displayed that.

Comment

Took the test anyways and got 97 score :-)

I am schedule for DLPT next Thursday.

Comment

35P Cryptologic Communications Interceptor?
                        I am a Prior Service Marine, got out E-6 SSGT. I speak a critical language and posses a couple clearances. I've done my homework on the MOS and the Nat. Guard as well. I also spoke with a recruiter to find out more information. I am posting this thread in order to see what the reality of this MOS is. I appreciate anyone who can help me out or point me in the right direction. Please feel free to send me private message if specifics need to be addressed. Thank you.

1. How sure is it that I will keep my rank of E-6, "promised" by recruiter?
                        2. Are there any bonus's for this MOS, Arabic Speaker not Farsi?
                        3. How do 35P deploy, IF they deploy?
                        4. What units in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area have the 35P MOS?
                        5. How soon would I start training for the MOS? Is this an MOS where I have to OJT up to 3-6 months then go through MOS school?
                        6. When would I have to take the DLAB and/or DLPT or both? Before or after I sign enlistment papers?
                        7. Can I take the DLAB and pursue another language such as Farsi?

Comment

Originally posted by 0317 View Post
                          35P Cryptologic Communications Interceptor?
                          I am a Prior Service Marine, got out E-6 SSGT. I speak a critical language and posses a couple clearances. I've done my homework on the MOS and the Nat. Guard as well. I also spoke with a recruiter to find out more information. I am posting this thread in order to see what the reality of this MOS is. I appreciate anyone who can help me out or point me in the right direction. Please feel free to send me private message if specifics need to be addressed. Thank you.

1. How sure is it that I will keep my rank of E-6, "promised" by recruiter?

Totally depends on billets of the unit.

2. Are there any bonus's for this MOS, Arabic Speaker not Farsi?

Depends on the state you affiliate with. Grab all the cash you can, but don't do it for the money.

3. How do 35P deploy, IF they deploy?

I have no idea about conventional MI units but needless to say everyone is short-handed 35Ps: both AD and RC.

4. What units in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area have the 35P MOS?

I'm not sure about DC or VA but, as you can imagine, MD has some. http://www.dbm.state.md.us/phonebook...b.asp?OID=1863

5. How soon would I start training for the MOS? Is this an MOS where I have to OJT up to 3-6 months then go through MOS school?

Unit depedent as well as your previous MOS. Were you a 26XX Marine? If so, it will transfer directly to 35P.

6. When would I have to take the DLAB and/or DLPT or both? Before or after I sign enlistment papers?

Does it really matter?

7. Can I take the DLAB and pursue another language such as Farsi?

Unit dependent. I know it's vague but your knowledge, skills, and abilities must meet their MTOE.
                          See above.

Comment

Working...
                          X