Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Is the Guard beneficial to public/private sector intelligence or contracting jobs? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the Guard beneficial to public/private sector intelligence or contracting jobs

I hear a lot of people expecting their enlistment to be a sure ticket to a career in the civilian world. I think the Guard makes you an amazing person and that your attitude will impress prospective employers. However, I think you still have to work on brushing up your skills and building your marketability (maybe made up word?) On your own. I agree that the biggest benefit for employment is the schooling assistance. Work hard in your civilian life and your future Guard life and you will succeed. Mope storms and wait for opportunity to fall into your lap because of acheivements in your life and you probably won't go as far. If you want something, go out and get it. That said, I know the Guard will help your chances not just from the benefits but because it will change you into a better person.

Comment

Re: Is the Guard beneficial to public/private sector intelligence or contracting jobs

It's generally the security clearance that comes along with particular MOSs that helps more than the MOS qualification itself. Pair it with a relevant degree, and it's worth a lot. Your prospective boss could give two cents about whether you have the clearance for Artillery (my case) or for Intel (my co-worker's case).

Step 1: Get an MOS with a security clearance
      Step 2: Get a degree
      Step 3: Profit

Comment

Working...
      X