X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclassing to 56M

I am currently deployed and I want to reclass When we get back. Before we left I was a 92A there was to many of us for the deployment so they asked me if I wanted to reclass to 25B for the deployment. I did. But these 2 MOS is not what I want. I want to go back and reclass to 56M (chaplain's assistant). How do I find out if there are open slots in my state? And what are the first steps to trying to reclass?

Been in almost three years. And have no bonus.

Re: Reclassing to 56M

Having three vastly different MOSes in three years is no easy feat. I am surprised they did not say you will have to serve in an MOS for a duration of time being reclassing. You will need to do some research to find out if this MOS is open. There is also a future Chaplain on this website that will provide sound, lucid advice.

Good luck Goose.

Comment

Also, I hope you dont mind being an E4 for a very long time if you do this. NCO positions for this MOS are few and far between.

Comment

FINALLY AN AWESOME THREAD!!!!!!

Typically there are few and far between CA also. Different states slot CA differently, some have SGM others may only have up to SFC or even only up to SSG, alot depends on the force structure. A state typically only has one CA for every Chaplain, so there aren't that many positions. Like RSPNCO said it's tough to get promoted. But it's tough to get promoted in any noncombat MOS that people enjoy doing.

I personally think you should do it.

You could always call the State Chaplain, a CH COL, full bird.

Positions are few and far between, don't expect a vacancy. Infact, there probably are none. Why is the Chaplaincy full?????

BECAUSE CHAPLAINS AND CHAPLAIN ASSISTANTS LEAD THE WAY!!!!!!

Check it out see what's out there......I think form 4187 is the form to ask for reclass.

I LIKE YOUR MOTIVATION!!!!!

Comment

If I was able to get a job in the civillian world I would go 56M. But as is seems that I wont be able to sense I have been on ADSW and title 10 orders sense I got out of high school I cant get a civillian job the pays as much as I make with active National Guard, I was thinking about going active army but from what I was told they only will take some MOSes. The only way I would go active is if it was 31D. That was my goal to begin with. I cant to find out how to get to that MOS. I am determined. But I need to know the first step.

Comment

Talk to an AD recruiter about that and someone rename this thread to Reclassing to 31D.

Comment

Working...
            X