X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S Citizen Qualification for specific MOS

I understand that 1 of the following qualifications for MOS 15P is you must be a u.s citizen, my concern is that I wasn't born in u.s but I'm a u.s citizen through naturalization. Does that prevent me from getting that mos then? The mos information didn't really mentioned any specific. I'm just wondering of how that works and does it matter? Thanks!

Re: U.S Citizen Qualification for specific MOS

U.S. Citizenship is U.S. Citizenship, I don't think it'll make a difference. Ask your recruiter for a definitive answer though

Comment

The difference in being able to qualified for a "specific" position is the difference between being a "Temporary, or Legal Permanent Resident (Alien/Immigrant) versus being a US Citizen. Citizenship through naturalization or birth holds the same rights and responsibilities. If there is a stipulation regarding the need to be born in the USA versus naturalized, I have never been aware of any, in regards to holding a US military or government position.

Comment

Not to split hairs, but there is ONE government position that requires being a natural born citizen, and that is POTUS. Hence the big deal about the birth certificate the last few years.......

Comment

Thanks all I feel a lot better now. I did ask my recruiter and he wasn't too sure about the specific job I pick. He'll dig more entail about it though.

Comment

Working...
          X