X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIT training transfer into college credit

Does Bootcamp/AIT training transfer into college credit or is it depends on the type of MOS? I'm looking to pick the 15P mos and just wondering if the schooling/training transfer into college credit. Thanks!

Re: AIT training transfer into college credit

Yes. You can request an AARTS transcript. If you want to see what you will get for credit, potentially. Go to the American Council on Education for military credits. You can search by job you will do in the army. It will be up to the college how much they transfer into your degree though.

ACE website: http://www.militaryguides.acenet.edu...tionSearch.asp
    Last edited by MichaelPC; May 9th, 2011, 03:26 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

http://aarts.army.mil/

Comment

How do you find out how much college credit, if any, that you will get for BCT alone? I am 09S and will be just shy of my 90 credits needed for commission upon return from BCT and I am curious if I will need to take another class or two at school or if the few given for BCT will get me to my 90.

I know it varies by school, but my school does not seem to know.

Comment

I dont think you can use military credits towards the 90 credits for a commission or entry into the OCS program.

You can find out how many credits you get from boot from the ACE website above.

I believe its like 4 to 7 credits.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelPC View Post
            I dont think you can use military credits towards the 90 credits for a commission or entry into the OCS program.

You can find out how many credits you get from boot from the ACE website above.

I believe its like 4 to 7 credits.
            I was told (by my recruiter who is preparing my OCS packet) I could as they only require 90 credits but are not specific as to what the 90 has to consist of (i.e. elective, math, etc) and that the 90 can be made up of some from BCT, even though it is usually only a few and they would be counted as elective credits. They won't be counted towards my 124 for college graduation as I am already at my limit for electives credit to graduate college, so I will technically be 'over' for college.

I am just curious how many credits my school offers I have hear up to 8, some schools only offer 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
              I was told (by my recruiter who is preparing my OCS packet) I could as they only require 90 credits but are not specific as to what the 90 has to consist of (i.e. elective, math, etc) and that the 90 can be made up of some from BCT, even though it is usually only a few and they would be counted as elective credits. They won't be counted towards my 124 for college graduation as I am already at my limit for electives credit to graduate college, so I will technically be 'over' for college.

I am just curious how many credits my school offers I have hear up to 8, some schools only offer 2.
              Mine takes 4 for BCT and quite a bit for AIT. You can also Clep to get credits too. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X