Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions about career with National Guard

Just a couple of questions for ya
    1. Trying to find jobs in Colorado, but there are not any that my husband is able to do. How hard is it to transfer to another NG state?
    2. I heard that NG got paid less, and got less BAH, is that true?
    3. Are the benifits the same as Active Army; retirement, healthcare, etc?
    4. My husband is 68W, there haven't been any of those jobs in any state, should he retrain for something else? He's not sure how to find a job in his field.
    Any suggestions on finding an AGR job.
    Thanks,
    Kelda

Re: Couple of questions about career with National Guard

1. Trying to find jobs in Colorado, but there are not any that my husband is able to do. How hard is it to transfer to another NG state?
    It's pretty simple to transfer states

2. I heard that NG got paid less, and got less BAH, is that true?
    Nope, Active Guard gets the same as Active Duty

3. Are the benifits the same as Active Army; retirement, healthcare, etc?
    If you are active guard, then yes, but if you are regular reservist in the guard, then no

4. My husband is 68W, there haven't been any of those jobs in any state, should he retrain for something else? He's not sure how to find a job in his field.
    Any suggestions on finding an AGR job.
    He'd probably have a hard time getting his unit to send him to another MOS just so he can try and leave the unit, Many entry level AGR jobs allow you to be hired and then go to reclass within a year of being hired. perhaps he could apply for a job in admin or supply and try to beat out the rest of the applicants

Comment

Your husband could try to get selected for an AGR hiring pool. It is a process, so have him ask the AGR office how & when. Remember - "attention to detail".

Comment

What is the AGR hiring pool? Does this work in other states as well? We would really like to end up in Texas, but not sure about how to go about getting there.

Comment

http://co.ng.mil/Pages/Default.aspx

http://co.ng.mil/jobs/default.aspx

http://co.ng.mil/jobs/hro/default.aspx

Comment

Just like the links I posted for the Colorado National Guard that you can use, most states have a similar web-based job vacancy posting. Your best bet is to try to contact someone in that state for further information if you are looking to make the move. Otherwise you are limited to current AGR and Technician vacancies in your current state (which in this case is Colorado).

You can always check to see if there is any ADOS/ADSW available with his current unit.

Comment

Working...
            X