X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army national guard to army active duty

Hi so I have been trying to get into army active for about 18 months. I passed the asvab with a score of 62 but the reason why army active won't recruit me is because I got a traffic ticket. Which by the way is cleared but still shows on FBI records. I was told to join the army national guard then transfer over so I did join the army national guard with 12n Mos but haven't gone to basic or Ait yet leaving on. November 18, 2013. I did a little research and I am worried now that I might not be able to transfer to army active duty. Is it possible I won't go to basic training for ANG and instead go to Army Active Duty recruiter to help me in since I'm in the system already? Pls help don't have much time. Btw, my recruiter told me it's easy to transfer from national guard to active duty...

Re: Army national guard to army active duty

Easy BEFORE you ship maybe. Afterward, you are no longer the recruiter's concern...so what does he care? It's baloney. Read all the other threads on this as it gets asked multiple times a week. Change to Active Duty before you get shipped off anywhere.

Comment

Something doesn't quite make sense here. Active Duty Army wouldn't turn you down due to a traffic ticket. What's the real story? Do you have a GED, something else?

Comment

Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
        Something doesn't quite make sense here. Active Duty Army wouldn't turn you down due to a traffic ticket. What's the real story? Do you have a GED, something else?
        I was thinking that, too. They asked me if I had more than three and I only had one. Everyone I was with at the time, across all branches and components, was asked the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Guam View Post
          Hi so I have been trying to get into army active for about 18 months. I passed the asvab with a score of 62 but the reason why army active won't recruit me is because I got a traffic ticket. Which by the way is cleared but still shows on FBI records. I was told to join the army national guard then transfer over so I did join the army national guard with 12n Mos but haven't gone to basic or Ait yet leaving on. November 18, 2013. I did a little research and I am worried now that I might not be able to transfer to army active duty. Is it possible I won't go to basic training for ANG and instead go to Army Active Duty recruiter to help me in since I'm in the system already? Pls help don't have much time. Btw, my recruiter told me it's easy to transfer from national guard to active duty...
          To further support NY Recuriters' comment that something doesn't make sense.....traffic tickets are not reported or maintained by the FBI. However, the FBI maintains the records of CRIMINAL offenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Guam View Post
            What kind of ticket?
            Im a Law Enforcement Officer, and have being for 8 years, i have never heard of a traffic ticket going into National databases let alone the Bureau. unless of course theres a felony involved with the "traffic ticket" i.e you got a speeding ticket along with the felony charge because you were speeding on a stolen vehicle under the influence.

Comment

Originally posted by mv16 View Post
              National databases let alone the Bureau
              What national database for LE is NOT run by the bureau?

Comment

Originally posted by realitycheck View Post
                What national database for LE is NOT run by the bureau?
                correction. I was trying to say that a traffic ticket doesnt even go on the STATE's data base (FCIC in Florida), let alone NCIC (the Bureau). NCIC is a record of crime. A traffic ticket will just be on his driving history.

Comment

I do have high school diploma. I was charged for traffic ticket along with DUI but AG office dropped the charges because I passed sobriety test and

Comment

If you haven't joined I can tell you where you went wrong if you got arrested for a DUI and didn't tell your recruiter then when you did your live scan it showed up because there is no such thing as expungement when it comes to being employed by LE or the Govt. They see dropped, expunged, dismissed, reduced you name it charges... Go to a new recruiter and be honest and up front about your arrest, you may or may not have to produce documentation, but if you say I have no criminal record then they find out you were arrested for DUI... Place yourself in the recruiters shoes what would you think?

Comment

Working...
                    X