X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEB Process

I need help understanding the MEB Process, nobody wants to help me on post.

I enlisted oct 2009. Went to BCT as a split op in june2010. Graduated august2010. while at basic, I slipped multiple discs l4/l5 l5/s1 and damaged the nerve root on my left side. I did 10 months months of physical therapy, had several epidural shots and had a microdiscectomy in march 2011.

I shipped to AIT in june 2011, I thought I would try my best and endure the pain like I did at basic, but I just cant do it. I saw a doctor and they initiated a MedBoard for me. I have since done physical therapy, had epidural shots and have had surgery suggested. The surgon here says my new MRI looks worse than the one prior to surgery in march.

I have been trying to find out information from the other medboard soldiers here and on the web, but everybody has something different to say about it.

From what I understand, The process wont start until I graduate my MOS, and it will take 6-12 months to be processed out of the army.
    They say I will still get educational benifits and medical benifits plus some cash every month, but this information changes from person to person.

Can anybody help me out with this? anyone have some insight?

Re: MEB Process

Another soldier in my company with a medboard (national Guard) is being sent home for her MEB process.

I went to the guard liaison and the reception sergeants there said they know nothing about it and sent me away.

If anyone has any information, please let me know.

Comment

Re: MEB Process

Try JAG. You really need to find someone who know's the process and your rights. I'd even caution you about seeking information from forums as you could get the wrong information.

Comment

Working...
      X