X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonuses in the National Guard

Are there any? I am getting conflicting stories. Some say "No" others "Yes". Obviously, that is the conflicting part.

Anyways, are there certain MOS' that have bonuses? This site does say it does but my recruiter says there are none.

If there are what are some ways to get them?

Re: Bonuses in the National Guard

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
    If there are any, there are few...and don't carry a lot of cash with them. The military hasn't had to use bonuses a major enlistment incentive for the last 2 years now maybe. As far as getting them, they're traditionally tied to a critical MOS for that particular state.

In conclusion, I wouldn't give it a lot of thought.
    I'm not giving it too much thought, but my recruiter did tell me that in order to get the GI kicker I would have to be enlisting in a unit that's on an active list, or something like that. I wasn't sure if there was a similar situation with bonuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill_Martin View Post
      Are there any? I am getting conflicting stories. Some say "No" others "Yes". Obviously, that is the conflicting part.

Anyways, are there certain MOS' that have bonuses? This site does say it does but my recruiter says there are none.

If there are what are some ways to get them?
      If there are any, there are few...and don't carry a lot of cash with them. The military hasn't had to use bonuses a major enlistment incentive for the last 2 years now maybe. As far as getting them, they're traditionally tied to a critical MOS for that particular state.

Comment

Don't know if this would apply to you, but there is a the Student Loan Repayment Program (http://www.nationalguard.com/benefit...r-college#slrp).

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post

SteveLord is correct. All states have there own critical MOS lists/needs and how much if any bonuses are offered. The "Cash Bonus Jobs List" on the website is an overall National Guard critical MOS list, but may not apply to every state. It is best to speak with a local Guard recruiter or a unit retention NCO for the most current policies for that state.

Comment

Working...
          X