X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus question

I enlisted with a 10k 50/20/30 bonus, and I'm aware that missing your initial ship date forfeits that bonus, but does it also require that you graduate AIT on or near your projected graduation date? I'm 3 months behind due to a combatives injury.

Re: Bonus question

It's only money.

Comment

So true. I like the avatar with the dollar sign on your chest.

Comment

Read your contract, it's all in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Squash View Post
          It's only money.
          Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
          So true. I like the avatar with the dollar sign on your chest.

Anyway, I would think you would still get it...as injuries are unplanned and it happened on while on duty.
          Last edited by SteveLord; April 4th, 2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Squash View Post
            It's only money.
            Yes, and I'm only going to be a college student by this fall. I'll take what I can get while I can get it to ensure that I'm not living off ramen like most other college students I know (and also get a halfway decent car for the drive halfway across the state to my unit (and gas isn't free)).
            If someone just handed you 5 grand, then said "oh wait nevermind," wouldn't you be at least a little disappointed?

Originally posted by MPThink View Post
            Read your contract, it's all in there.
            The only documentation on my contract I could find here is the one where I signed for the actual bonus, and on there it's written in (The papers were drawn up, I got TDQ, went to MEPS a few months later and there was a bonus).
            "I accept the NPS CS EB of $10k, payable 50%, 20%, 30%" A control number, then my initials.
            I remember it explained in depth about the bonus on the **** of papers I read through prior to signing, but I don't believe I have them.
            Last edited by EyeInTheSky; April 4th, 2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Fair enough, mine has a fairly detailed explanation of my bonus in it. You could try to find that in the part of your contract that should be scanned into iPerms and accessible through AKO. Like SteveLord said, I would assume you're alright since your injury was on-duty and out of your control, but you might not want to just assume. Ask your recruiter/RSP first line leader.

Comment

Working...
              X