X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BAH during basic?

If it was not stated already; ensure that your dependents are enrolled in deers and remember that all SMs are entitled to JAG services. Also, remember www.militaryonesource.com for your military resources.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
      The wording in my original message is incorrect, and I sincerely apologize to my fellow members and visitors for that error. If recently married, have been married for a while but you've been living in a house together with one person on the deed, having a quitclaim deed is something good to have. I'm recently married myself, so I would not encourage anyone who is single to do anything with someone who you aren't married to, which involves your finances and/or property. Furthermore, at least have a utility bill in yours and her/his name. Why? Because regardless of what anyone says, whether it's military or civilian, it's better to have it and not need it. I got several different stories from three different people (yes, get a quitclaim deed/you automatically get BAH if you're married etc.), so deductive logic prevailed.
      I deal with hundreds of soldiers every year and have never heard of any married soldier needing a quitclaim deed.

If you have a marriage license, you get BAH...you dont need anything more.

Comment

I have been with my spouse for a very long while and we owned a home together and I never did this.

Here is the info..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quitclaim_deed

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
          The wording in my original message is incorrect, and I sincerely apologize to my fellow members and visitors for that error. If recently married, have been married for a while but you've been living in a house together with one person on the deed, having a quitclaim deed is something good to have. I'm recently married myself, so I would not encourage anyone who is single to do anything with someone who you aren't married to, which involves your finances and/or property. Furthermore, at least have a utility bill in yours and her/his name. Why? Because regardless of what anyone says, whether it's military or civilian, it's better to have it and not need it. I got several different stories from three different people (yes, get a quitclaim deed/you automatically get BAH if you're married etc.), so deductive logic prevailed.
          You have been misinformed. This should have been explained to you by your NCO's at RSP. I have been to 3 RSP drills and this has been explained to us each time as well as requests for us to bring in any needed documents.

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
          I deal with hundreds of soldiers every year and have never heard of any married soldier needing a quitclaim deed.

If you have a marriage license, you get BAH...you dont need anything more.
          And here it is explained one more time for any one confused. Thank you SSG RSP NCO.

Only people who need to worry about a lease or copy of the mortgage are single soldiers with no dependents. If any one is still confused about what they need to do to get BAH please contact your RSP NCO's. They will be glad to help you and is part of what they are there for.
          Last edited by LeftyMedic; March 24th, 2011, 11:20 PM.

Comment

I never heard of that either. And I had like 80 drills (which included like 10 of RSP classification) under my belt in my day and watched Tears of the Sun last week.

Comment

After my experience of having to go to MEPS four times over paperwork issues (over 100 miles one way) I'm going to have paperwork to back-up my paperwork from day zero until I retire. I'm creating a file just for check stubs--a file for every stinkin' sheet. He ll--I'll probably even have a set of viles to store every drop of blood, sweat and tears I expend while on duty.

Comment

Does the lease agreement need to be notarized or will they accept just a signed copy?
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Killjoysux View Post
                  Does the lease agreement need to be notarized or will they accept just a signed copy?
                  Thanks
                  It's best if it is notarized, however, technically for it to be notarized you would have to have your landlord there with you and that isn't always something you're able to do. Bring with you if you can a copy of a utility bill from where you live if you can.

Comment

It's best if it is notarized, however, technically for it to be notarized you would have to have your landlord there with you and that isn't always something you're able to do. Bring with you if you can a copy of a utility bill from where you live if you can.
                    RSP NCO,

Is a utility bill mandatory? The electric bill is currently in my roommate's name and I'm not sure if he even has any copies of them. My last drill before basic is coming up in two weeks and I'm trying to get myself squared away before then. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by BryanIL View Post
                      RSP NCO,

Is a utility bill mandatory? The electric bill is currently in my roommate's name and I'm not sure if he even has any copies of them. My last drill before basic is coming up in two weeks and I'm trying to get myself squared away before then. Thank you.
                      It's not mandatory for that very reason, sometimes they wont be in your name. It's just best to have them with you if they are.

Comment

It's not mandatory for that very reason, sometimes they wont be in your name. It's just best to have them with you if they are.
                        Thank you very much for the information, RSP NCO.

Comment

If I'm shipping in the last week of May, what if any BAH will I receive for that week? 1/4 of the BAH rate for my ZIP, full BAH or nothing? Not a big deal either way but I'm trying to figure out my budget for next month.

Comment

Is it REQUIRED that my lease be notarized? Today was my final RSP before I ship in three weeks. I took my lease and a bill to RSP with me with the intention of getting BAH set up. The civilian readiness employee asked me if my lease was notarized, and it was not. He didn't even look at it, and told me to come back to the office with a notarized lease. Getting my lease notarized will be a big problem for me because my land lord resides out of state. My question being, is it an absolute requirement for BAH that my lease be notarized?

Comment

I turned my lease/utility bill in at my RSP drill this past Saturday. They're both non-notarized copies, they didn't have any issues with that.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, anyone else have any input about needing to have the lease notarized?

Comment

Working...
                                X