Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

flagged for drug test, will i receive the other half of my enlistment bonus?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: flagged for drug test, will i receive the other half of my enlistment bonus?

    Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
    Aren’t you contradicting yourself here?
    No. I should have been more clear though. The second paragraph I speak is the TAGs actual policy. the one with the authority to make it. Not LT snuffy.

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: flagged for drug test, will i receive the other half of my enlistment bonus?

      Think of it like this. You break the law in the civilian world and get arrested by the police. The cop has zero decision if you are guilty. He just builds the case for the judge, and the court clerk types your paperwork.....You smoke dope im the army and pop hit, its Commander Snuffys job to initiate seperation proceedings but it is not his choice of the outcome or the type of discharge, that is up to the Two Star general at your state HQ. However, in reality Readiness NCO Joe Blow call PFC Jack Johnson who works in J1 separations and out comes a discharge order with the Generals Rubber stamp....this is the wrong answer and keeps the IG very, very busy.

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: flagged for drug test, will i receive the other half of my enlistment bonus?

        Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
        Think of it like this. You break the law in the civilian world and get arrested by the police. The cop has zero decision if you are guilty. He just builds the case for the judge, and the court clerk types your paperwork.....You smoke dope im the army and pop hit, its Commander Snuffys job to initiate seperation proceedings but it is not his choice of the outcome or the type of discharge, that is up to the Two Star general at your state HQ. However, in reality Readiness NCO Joe Blow call PFC Jack Johnson who works in J1 separations and out comes a discharge order with the Generals Rubber stamp....this is the wrong answer and keeps the IG very, very busy.
        Sounds like business as usual to me....Thats why the AG gives "By Direction" authority to others to rubber stamp. Common in big business and government. Just saying....

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: flagged for drug test, will i receive the other half of my enlistment bonus?

          In any case, There is no excuse. You know the rules when you join. Zero tolerance policy. Don't do drugs, don't run into this problem.

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: flagged for drug test, will i receive the other half of my enlistment bonus?

            Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
            In any case, There is no excuse. You know the rules when you join. Zero tolerance policy. Don't do drugs, don't run into this problem.
            Im not condoning smoking dope. But there are cases witha legitimate defense. Joe Snuffy is entitled to his rights, and leadership has an obligation to give him proper procedure. There is no excuse for side stepping policy

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: flagged for drug test, will i receive the other half of my enlistment bonus?

              Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
              Im not condoning smoking dope. But there are cases witha legitimate defense. Joe Snuffy is entitled to his rights, and leadership has an obligation to give him proper procedure. There is no excuse for side stepping policy
              I'm not talking about side stepping policy. I understand theres rules and regs for those things. However please inform me of ANY case where smoking dope is a legitimate defense? Noone has glaucoma in the army and saying "I was near someone smoking it" doesn't cut it with me.

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: flagged for drug test, will i receive the other half of my enlistment bonus?

                Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
                I'm not talking about side stepping policy. I understand theres rules and regs for those things. However please inform me of ANY case where smoking dope is a legitimate defense? Noone has glaucoma in the army and saying "I was near someone smoking it" doesn't cut it with me.
                Actually "smoking" ...well yes. But there are plenty of cases that are hot where the guy overlooked his prescription ran out yesterday, or something legitimate came up he forgot to disclose before he peed.

                I also deal with cases alot where they give the guy a second chance and then his name comes up on the roster to me again and the same drug hasnt left his system yet, or he did't get "rehabbed" yet for whatever reason.

                Few and far between, but if one soldier looses his career cause we may a shortcut, thats just unacceptable to me.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: flagged for drug test, will i receive the other half of my enlistment bonus?

                  Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                  Actually "smoking" ...well yes. But there are plenty of cases that are hot where the guy overlooked his prescription ran out yesterday, or something legitimate came up he forgot to disclose before he peed.

                  I also deal with cases alot where they give the guy a second chance and then his name comes up on the roster to me again and the same drug hasnt left his system yet, or he did't get "rehabbed" yet for whatever reason.

                  Few and far between, but if one soldier looses his career cause we may a shortcut, thats just unacceptable to me.
                  No, I def understand the shortcut thing and agree that's wrong. And I've delt with guys on presctiption and handled that accordingly. But the whole illegal drug thing is beyond me. You sign up knowing the rules. You break em, you pay the price. There are people who have legitimate reasons and then there's the guys who come up and say "I didn't know I was going to get tested" or "I only smoked weed." That's like saying "Even though I robbed the bank I only took $100." lol

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: flagged for drug test, will i receive the other half of my enlistment bonus?

                    Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                    I also deal with cases alot where they give the guy a second chance and then his name comes up on the roster to me again and the same drug hasnt left his system yet, or he did't get "rehabbed" yet for whatever reason.

                    Few and far between, but if one soldier looses his career cause we may a shortcut, thats just unacceptable to me.
                    All the more reasons to seperate the Soldier. The biggest urban myth is it takes 30 days for drugs to leave your system. This only true for fat, chronic users. Two positive drug screens indicates either chronic drug use or new use (especially if the drill weekends are a month apart). In any case there's no reason to retain the Soldier.

                    As far as "violating" a Soldier's rights, I don't see commanders doing it on purpose but more due to the lack of knowledge when it comes to the AR and local policy.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: flagged for drug test, will i receive the other half of my enlistment bonus?

                      Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
                      All the more reasons to seperate the Soldier. The biggest urban myth is it takes 30 days for drugs to leave your system. This only true for fat, chronic users. Two positive drug screens indicates either chronic drug use or new use (especially if the drill weekends are a month apart). In any case there's no reason to retain the Soldier.

                      As far as "violating" a Soldier's rights, I don't see commanders doing it on purpose but more due to the lack of knowledge when it comes to the AR and local policy.
                      Agreed. The situation i was reffering to though was one of those unique times where you have drill at the very end of the month, and the next weekend you have drill again in the very beginning of the month. I think most units do that around the holidays.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: flagged for drug test, will i receive the other half of my enlistment bonus?

                        Originally posted by 21B1P View Post
                        i've been in the national guard for 3 years and was supposed to receive the other half of my $20,000 bonus in january 2011, until i failed my drug test in april of 2010 and i was wondering if i will still receive the other half when my flag is lifted?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X